MSC Poesia Cruise Review by bond_2112: They are all on Crack!!

bond_2112
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

They are all on Crack!!

Sail Date: March 2012

We booked this cruise over a year ago. Upon reading reviews, I was wondering what we booked and was looking forward to the worst. After reading the reviews and experiencing the ship, I think many people must be on crack and just like to complain about anything and everything....

Overall impression of the ship- Very beautiful and well decorated

Embarkment- This was really quick and smooth. We arrived at the port and checked our bags, signed in, and were on the ship in 20 min. I was very surprised to have our room waiting for us all ready. Our luggage arrived shortly after

Room- We had an inside cabin with two bunk beds in the wall that folded down. There was plenty of closet space for two adults and two kids. The room was cleaned twice daily, bathroom was always clean with fresh towels.

Food- Buffeet- I was very nervous about the food in the buffet but found it very fresh and very clean. The pizza is fantastic, bugers, hot dogs, prime rib, chinese, tex More mex, deli meats, cheeses, all fantastic. Is is hard to find spot to eat, but if you keep walking through the cafateria to the back of the ship, there is plenty of room to sit.

Main Dining Room- This was fantastic. We ate 90 percent of all our meals there. The breakfast was very fresh. The waiters always remembered waht we ordered. I always had eggs with bacon and asked for it extra crispy and this was done no problem, every day. They also remembered what my daughters both ate. Dinner was FANTASTIC! The italian cuisine (ravioli, meatballs, lasaga, carbonara) was very good. Also, there was steak, fish, lobster, pasta, salmon, chicken parm, etc. Deserts, the cheese cake was amazing! Very fresh, and very big portions! All AMAZING!!Drinks- We purchased some beer tickets before we left. There was a vast selection and we could have any 14oz beers we wanted (bud, bud light, Corona, Heineken, becks, etc) I would strongly recommend this as you save a lot of money and also are not charged 15 percent on the drinks. We also bought pop tickets and this was also cheaper than buying it on the boat.

Decks- It is VERY HARD to get a spot on the ship at times. I went out in the morning before breakfast and the majority of the chairs by the pools were taken by orange towels...

Children's place- This was very well done. We sailed during the March break week at there were plenty of children on board as well as out 4 and 6 year old. The Children's activities were very well done. They had crafts, games, slides, ball pits, rope bridges, etc. The staff had each day organized and were very interactive with the children. I was very impressed by the second day when they remembered my children's names with the all the other children around.

Staff- Very polite and nice. I found many other passengers really rude to some staff. Our waiters, room stewards, bar tenders, front desk were very attentive and polite. Hygiene- This is one of the aspects of the ship that impressed me the most. It was SPOTLESS. There is always someone cleaning on the ship. Someone is always cleaning the stair rails or vacuuming. The public rest rooms were very clean as well. I went in the cafeteria one night to get some water and was very surprised to see a team of people with all the chairs turned upside down scrubbing them clean. Every night there was also workers behind the grills in the buffet with masks on steam cleaning everything. Spotless.

Other guests- As stated before, this was a march break cruise and kids were every where. I think this dept really falls on the parents of some of these kids. We kept our kids with us the whole time or in the kids club. There were some kids running around the ship. The worst was during the wait for the shows to start. There were kids on the stage (dancing or running around the stage before shows start etc) while the parents laughed as I guess they thought it was cute.

Disembarkment- This was horrible. We were supposed to be out of our rooms at 7 am and wait in the theatre until they called your specific colour. There were people just getting in line and walking off the ship before it was their turn which made it unbearable. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Interior Petrarca Deck 12159

Inside Cabin, lots of closet space, very clean.

(5.5)
We got off the ship and took a taxi to paradise beach. This was AMAZING!! It cost us 35 for cab rides to and from the port (including tip). Paradise beach had a huge pool with bar beside it, and then a short walk to the beach by the ocean. It cost us 8 bucks for the day and that included our chairs at the pool/beach and umbrella by the beach. They also had water toys i.e- water slides, see saw, tampoline which was 12 dolars a person. We bought two of them as our youngest daughter does not swim, and watched our oldest daughter have a blast on these slides all day. All in all for 80 dollars which included a couple of buckets of beers and chips and salsa, it was a great time and bargin for a family of 4. After some window shopping at the port which took us to the end of the day.
Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews

Very beautiful. We walked around the town, shopped, and then went to the pier with some beer bought at the CVS and got our kids some Key Lime Pie.
Read 729 Key West Reviews

Horrible!!!!!! We got to the port and had to pay 40 there and back by bus as it is very far. Once we got to the beach we had to pay an additional 20 for the four of us to GET INTO the beach. Then when I asked for chairs we were told that they were 6 dollars each to rent. Forget that!! We brought a sheet with us from home and laid it on the beach and relaxed and played in the ocean. Beware of the buckets of beer which were 16 dollars for 4. They didnt even come in bottles, they came small in plastic disposeable cups! (they looked like a bucket of urine samples!) Every 20 min someone is coming to sell you something. When I said no for the 14th time, all I kept hearing was "No Problem mon! Yaaaaaaa mon!! It made me not want to go there ever again....

(5.5)
We did the same experience in Rotan as we did in Cozumel. We to las Palmas Club. It was 30 dollars there and back and a little bit of a ride there, but a very clean beach which included sun beds and chairs under palm trees. Buckets of beers on ice very cold and refreshing. Our kids had a blast swimming in the ocean and making sand castles all day. There is also a small petting zoo there with monkeys, birds as well as a pirate ship which the kids enjoyed!
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews