MSC Poesia Cruise Review by bond_2112

MSC Poesia
Member Name: bond_2112
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 1
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
        3-6 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
They are all on Crack!!
We booked this cruise over a year ago. Upon reading reviews, I was wondering what we booked and was looking forward to the worst. After reading the reviews and experiencing the ship, I think many people must be on crack and just like to complain about anything and everything....

Overall impression of the ship- Very beautiful and well decorated

Embarkment- This was really quick and smooth. We arrived at the port and checked our bags, signed in, and were on the ship in 20 min. I was very surprised to have our room waiting for us all ready. Our luggage arrived shortly after

Room- We had an inside cabin with two bunk beds in the wall that folded down. There was plenty of closet space for two adults and two kids. The room was cleaned twice daily, bathroom was always clean with fresh towels.

Food- Buffeet- I was very nervous about the food in the buffet but found it very fresh and very clean. The pizza is fantastic, bugers, hot dogs, prime rib, chinese, tex mex, deli meats, cheeses, all fantastic. Is is hard to find spot to eat, but if you keep walking through the cafateria to the back of the ship, there is plenty of room to sit.

Main Dining Room- This was fantastic. We ate 90 percent of all our meals there. The breakfast was very fresh. The waiters always remembered waht we ordered. I always had eggs with bacon and asked for it extra crispy and this was done no problem, every day. They also remembered what my daughters both ate. Dinner was FANTASTIC! The italian cuisine (ravioli, meatballs, lasaga, carbonara) was very good. Also, there was steak, fish, lobster, pasta, salmon, chicken parm, etc. Deserts, the cheese cake was amazing! Very fresh, and very big portions! All AMAZING!!

Drinks- We purchased some beer tickets before we left. There was a vast selection and we could have any 14oz beers we wanted (bud, bud light, Corona, Heineken, becks, etc) I would strongly recommend this as you save a lot of money and also are not charged 15 percent on the drinks. We also bought pop tickets and this was also cheaper than buying it on the boat.

Decks- It is VERY HARD to get a spot on the ship at times. I went out in the morning before breakfast and the majority of the chairs by the pools were taken by orange towels...

Children's place- This was very well done. We sailed during the March break week at there were plenty of children on board as well as out 4 and 6 year old. The Children's activities were very well done. They had crafts, games, slides, ball pits, rope bridges, etc. The staff had each day organized and were very interactive with the children. I was very impressed by the second day when they remembered my children's names with the all the other children around.

Staff- Very polite and nice. I found many other passengers really rude to some staff. Our waiters, room stewards, bar tenders, front desk were very attentive and polite.

Hygiene- This is one of the aspects of the ship that impressed me the most. It was SPOTLESS. There is always someone cleaning on the ship. Someone is always cleaning the stair rails or vacuuming. The public rest rooms were very clean as well. I went in the cafeteria one night to get some water and was very surprised to see a team of people with all the chairs turned upside down scrubbing them clean. Every night there was also workers behind the grills in the buffet with masks on steam cleaning everything. Spotless.

Other guests- As stated before, this was a march break cruise and kids were every where. I think this dept really falls on the parents of some of these kids. We kept our kids with us the whole time or in the kids club. There were some kids running around the ship. The worst was during the wait for the shows to start. There were kids on the stage (dancing or running around the stage before shows start etc) while the parents laughed as I guess they thought it was cute.

Disembarkment- This was horrible. We were supposed to be out of our rooms at 7 am and wait in the theatre until they called your specific colour. There were people just getting in line and walking off the ship before it was their turn which made it unbearable.

Publication Date: 03/27/12