Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Youngcruiser1994

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Youngcruiser1994
Carnival Splendor
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 6B
        16+ 5.0

Carnival Splender From a Teen's Perspective
This is my First review on this sight so I will share a little background about myself, I am a teen who's gone on at least 7 or more cruises and love cruising. This is my second cruise on carnival and I went on quite a few Princess when I was younger. On this cruise I traveled with Myself, (17) My Brother (13) and My Mom and Dad.

Embarkation: I have read a few reviews that embarkation from long beach was horrible, though it was not to bad. We arrived at long beach right before boarding stated and by the time we checked in and got to the place we were supposed to wait, we were able to begin the boarding process. Security was like usual, If you have steel toe boots be sure to take them off before going through the metal detectors. Two big draw back to Long beach is they only have two security checkpoints and most of check in process is outside. Overall it was a simple and quick boarding.

The Ship: The ship had a good Layout but the decorations were kind of tacky, Way to much pink. The pictures in the Elevator had some weird images such as a mosaic of a man on the toilet smoking, and one of the lounges had some statues that were not the best (In this lounge i observed that was the area where the camp carnival [2-11] had their dances. The main show lounge was nice but my brother said they were not as pretty as the ones on the paradise.

Activities: The activities on the ship were good but there were not enough. Most of the activities I participated in were trivia, and I also did one of the mini golf tournaments. Every activity I went to except 'match it up' and the battle of the sexes, were hosted by one of the cruise staff Rachel. She was the only cruise staff that seemed like she really enjoyed her Job. Karaoke was fun but the host was not the best, did not encourage the singers.

Shows: The Main shows had good dancing and singing, much better then the ones on the paradise. The family comedy shows were good and really funny. The Comedians were able to use the audience to further the show.

Cruise Staff (the ones in charge of activities) : The only member of the cruise staff that seemed good was Rachel. The other staff seemed unfriendly. The cruise Director, Todd, did not do a very good job. One member of the staff, "Mr. Button" seemed unfriendly and seemed as though he disliked kids.

Club 02: Club O2, the teen area was pretty good. There were two directors during my cruise, Randy and Elyssa. This was Randy's first week on the Splendor. Both directors did a good job in planning the activities and when a activity did not gain good reception by the teens aboard they quickly made other activities available.

Main Dining Room: The main Dining room we were at was the second floor of the Golden Pearl. Our head waitress was Marimami (possibly) and I forget her assistants name. They were good at their jobs and by the end of the week she knew exactly what I would order. She was friendly and laughed at my dads prank he pulled on her once. The Bus boy, Alex, was also good.

Publication Date: 03/27/12