Norwegian Epic 5

“EPIC was everything I expected”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

lttravel92
Member Since 2011
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This is only our second cruise, first was on the Pearl back in 2007. We had a 1 week opportunity to vacation without our teenager so thought we would give it a whirl.

Did quite a bit of research on the EPIC, read the PROS/CONS and found that most were valid in their own way. Was the casino smokey, yes it was but was not overwhelming and it really didn't bother me at all. Was the lack of promenade deck missed, yes, I must admit, I did miss this as I enjoy jogging around the ship but lived without it just fine. Were the elevators busy, yes, they were, but I preferred to take the stairs as I found we could use the exercise. I really just needed the elevators when wearing heels or when carrying luggage during the walk-off disembarkation. The pools were busy as expected but we did manage a few trips down the slides.

Overall we found the food very good, enjoyed the Epic Club dining, as well as the Courtyard, with the open air ocean view. We especially enjoyed our More dinner at le Bistro, probably one of our favourites. We never waited for dinner in any of the restaurants but did not attend dinner in the main dining room.

Our butler, Armando was great, helpful, courteous and friendly. Hope he enjoys his time off. We didn't use the concierge often but found Ruth and her assistant to be professional and pleasant.

We enjoyed the Haven complex area and spent a great deal of time in that area, found it very relaxing and quiet, especially the sundeck on deck 19, very private and peaceful.

We would be happy to book another cruise on the EPIC, we both enjoyed our week. Less

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: March 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Courtyard Villa with Balcony

H417017
Quiet location except we noticed that someone with very heavy footsteps above at about 5:00-6:00 a.m.

Published 03/24/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?