Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ejatczak: Spring break cruise

Spring break cruise

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Flew into San Juan on sat. Stayed at courtyard Marriott miramar. Fine hotel looks just like other courtyards. Had the best shirt steak we have ever had at restaurant down the street to the right across from arts center, name started with a "P" front desk told us about it!
Sunday stored bags at barrachina in OSJ had lunch and their famous pina colada!

We got to cruise terminal at 2:00, I thought to myself it was the worst time we could be arriving because of reviews saying to arrive early, but we had spent time shopping in OSJ. Embarkation turned out to be a piece of cake!! No lines at all! left taxi handed off bags, immediately got sea pass and boarded by 2:25. I'm glad we didn't waste our time waiting in a line before the doors are even open!

I thought the ship looked great! The main dining room was beautiful, largest chandelier I have ever seen! Beautiful wood staircase. We ate here every night and enjoyed the food very much. Not 5 star, but we were not More expecting 5 star. Windjammer food was also very good!
Our two cabins were inside, one standard one with window looking out on promenade. It has been years since staying in inside cabin, we usually have balcony but this was last minute cruise and Florida resident special was on inside cabins only! Cabins were clean and not worn at all! My teens really enjoyed looking out window onto parade and disco party on promenade. However if you are a light sleeper and go to bed before midnight this is not the cabin for you! But if you are booking an inside the ones looking onto promenade do not seem like inside cabins at all!

We loved the ice show, get tickets at 3:30 studio b embarkation day. There was a line when we got there at 3:15 but at 3:30 got tickets for our 1st choice of nights. Dancers were good, comedian was funny. One night we almost did not go to show because it was a woman singer, we thought it would be boring for kids. We decided to try it anyway--she was fabulous, very funny! Magician on last night was hilarious!

We went to trivia everyday in the schooner bar-really enjoyable! Schooner bar is magnificent-all wood-I don't think they are building newer cruise ships with as much detail as this ship!

Ports:
St croix -did a tour for$25 each at stand on pier. It was ok enjoyed going to hazels fruit market but didn't care for the rest of the island.
St Maarten -did taxi tour. Loved seeing planes take off and land at maho beach. We were one of seven ships in port this day so traffic on roads was terrible. Wasted alot of time in traffic, if lots of ships in port on yr day I suggest just going to one location not whole island!
Maho beach was a treat!!
Antigua-took taxi to jolly beach, driver was Peter who told us about the island on the way, he was great! Jolly beach was beautiful. We rented a jetski and kayak, are at restaurant food and drunks fabulous and cheap!!
St Lucia-treetop triple adventure zip line! Loved it! Well organized and friendly!!! We are still talking about it!!!
Barbados -catamaran snorkel with sea turtles on Bolados! Great trip lots of turtles and luch was included-BBQ chix and fried fish, salad, cole slaw, Mac and cheese, run punch beer soft drinks!!!
Crew was very friendly! If you are taking children though I would bring kid mask and snorkel, they only have one size .
Day at sea-this is the only day we felt like we were on a ship with many people and then only at the pool. We went to Johnny rockets like everyone else and had a wait- food was a big disappointment , buffet looked great should have gone there instead.
We loved the blue note club at top back of ship, great view live jazz or salsa music. There is a room with board games right next door, we played games in blue note while listening to music!! Never crowded I think people don't know about it-best music on ship!

Disembarkation was simple. We had an early flight, signed up for self disembark, doors opened at 7:30 we were in taxi 7:35.

Great cruise! I hate reading the negative reviews, people you are on a fabulous vacation where many people are at work or can't afford to go on a cruise! Just enjoy the experience and don't look for things to complain about! Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>