“NEVER AGAIN”

enchantedcruiser
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Let me start by saying that I read every single review about this cruise prior to taking it and didn't want to focus on all the bad. There are only a few positive remarks that I will give them credit for but for the most part, I hated the ship itself. We had an aft facing balcony, so while I knew not to expect miracles, I did think that I would at least be somewhat pleased with my choice. Immediately when we opened the door, I was in disbelief as to how SMALL the cabin was. The only thing I can compare it to is an airplane bathroom. You have 2 small capsules one on each side, one contains a toilet and the other one a shower. One night I almost took my eye out with the door handle when bending over to use the toilet. (BTW I am of average size, in case you're wondering) That was very scary. The sink is right in front of the bed, I could sit on the bed and work the sink! It's soo compact that it's impossible to not make a huge mess. There were three of us sharing the space so that made it even more challenging, there was no privacy only a small curtain between the two capsules and the bed to use as a dressing room. We made a sign that read "Shower in Progress do NOT enter" and taped it to the front door so we would all know not to go in the room. Okay enough about the room, the set up is not user friendly at all. all they're public areas are way too small. They have a comedy club that is very uncomfortable, not nearly enough room! They also had bingo in there which made it super crowded and dumb to have it there. Deal or no deal was also on the ship which was a positive, but negatively it was held in the atrium which was impossible to be able to participate due to the herds of people there and inadequate space. Reservations are definitely encouraged prior to boarding so that you will not be disappointed. Blue Man group was okay, i've seen them in Vegas and was not impressed then either. Legends was pretty good but short. Second City Comedy was also descent but also short. We did the premier seating for the cirque dreams dinner, and let me tell you, the show is great, the food....HORRIBLE!!! The space once again CRAMPED, your neck will be uncomfortable because of the way the tables are and you're literally stacked in there like sardines. The menu is fixed, and it sucks so eat before the show. The disembarkation was pleasant, not rushed and I felt it was a good way to leave the ship. (or maybe I was just happy to be leaving) As for the specialty restaurants we tried the Italian and the Teppanaki. They were both really good. We LOVED the japanese food, it was delicious! The food in general was okay, I usually feel like there are more than one entree on the menu that I would like to try and feel torn between the choices but on this cruise the choices were not that good; especially the desserts. If you're a cheesecake lover you're in for a treat as they have it every night, If you love chocolate and or souffle's...you're screwed. If you're familiar with the game "Quest", you'll be glad to hear they also have it, but again it's held in a tiny lounge. The television programming also sucks, you have super old movies with news, sports and internal programming. They do show new movies but only at the atrium or outdoors, they do not televise them to you cabin. I must comment; this is the only cruise that i've been on that I would rather use the public bathrooms instead of my cabin toilet. I understand now why some people commented that the public restrooms are quite dirty. They are indeed, but now I totally understand WHY! I cannot understand what fool thought this design was a great idea. I would NEVER go on this ship again.
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Aft-Facing Balcony

Port
Love taking a $4 per person taxi to Cabbage Beach. It's a great beautiful big beach.
Read 4,118 Nassau Reviews
Went to Orient Beach. Super expensive for lounges and umbrellas, so keep looking as they all have diffrent prices.
Read 3,323 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
Been here TOO many times, I really wish the ships would switch their iteniraries more. Went to Coqui Beach, $9 per person for taxi. A very small beach have been there before but this time it was soo crowed, you could barely see the sand. It was like the whole island was there. They are very rude and territorial with the space on the beach, the people renting the loungers and umbrellas will fight and use foul language...very unprofessional and makes everyone feel very uncomfortable. Will not be going there again.
Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 03/26/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?