Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Jill Miranda: Fun yet it lacked

Fun yet it lacked

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

The service was spotty at best. Save for our steward, it was hit and miss. The meals were okay but not wonderful. The food was, at best, fair to good... never wonderful. The soups, overall, just were bad. The potatoes without fail, undercooked. The waitstaff, while they seemed to care, gave only spotty service. Messy plates, things never came we ordered or only got there when we were done. The nightly meal interruption with the "HELLLLLLOOOOOOOO" and some song and dance by the staff... hideous!

Basically, this ship and it's crew lacks class and sophistication.... this may may be the fun ship, but overall, it lacks even any level of class.

There is nothing you don't pay for on this ship. After several attempts, checking all over the ship, not even the jeweler would lend me the tool to fix my glasses. I had to BUY a kit. Lots of the activities you get for free on other ships cost money here, even the tour of the ship!... and the scant availability of activities on at More sea days stunned us... we actually got bored. Where were the dance lessons, the free seminars and the lot... At night the entertainment picks up a lot, but the days are droll. And when the weather was bad they had nothing for the kids to do, so like kids, they raised hell, made noise and basically overran the ship.

The room was nice though and comfortable. They advertise free room service but the menu is very limited. Frankly, I would only take this ship again if I had to go at a particular time and this was the only one... and I would prepare for the lack of service overall.

Jill Miranda Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Empress 7251

Nice, well planned out... small but comfortable and very pleasant.