Carnival Dream Cruise Review by rjalsa: Big ship, big lines
Overall Member Rating
Big ship, big lines
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Second cruise; travelling with family including children.
- Fabulous room (a grand suite, well laid out, lots of closets, gorgeous bathroom but best of all is the extended balcony; spent a lot of time there). It was well worth the extra amount.
- Circle C club was a big hit - well run and caters well to the age group;
- Room stewards provided excellent service;
- Dining room staff were also excellent; Vegetarian options were plentiful.
- Liked the lunch time grill on Deck 5 and extra chairs there.
- The entertainment was great - Dancing in the Streets was impressive.
- Embarkation and debarkation were well organized and proceeded smoothly.
- Line-ups: while other reviewers said they did not experience line-ups, we did. There were line-ups for elevators, to get into the dining room, at the lido deck food stations (omelets, pizza, water, and virtually everywhere), at the lido More deck bars and even to do laundry. It was hard to get a spot on the serenity deck. We did not experience that at all on a capacity cruise on the March Break in 2011 on the smaller Valour.
- Bean bag toss in lobby atrium during day. It was loud and seemed out of place in what would otherwise be a quite relaxing place - and because it is an atrium, the noise goes all the way up. It would have been better on the Lido deck. I watched an older lady who was ordering at the bar get dinged in the head with a bean bag.
- The spa: used lots of services on Valour and Dream. Despite what the brochures say, the Valour seemed significantly better in terms of service and rooms including natural light. On the Dream, a mini-manicure and mini-pedicure were polish only (not even one drop of moisturizer). The promotional literature that they hand out at night should just say that if that is what it is.
- St Marteen taxi tours. We made the mistake of not pre-arranging a tour. Two of us waited 30 minutes and were given a tour after offering to pay for 4 people. The driver was fairly disinterested, talked on her cell phone and essentially the tour was sitting in a traffic jam for 2 hours. We went to Orient Beach for the afternoon (a highlight) but taxis to and from were the same - not very welcoming. A note that the $1 bathroom in the mall in Marigot is totally worth it. Less
Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>
A great way to spend a summer ...
Great Cruise On The Escape
Great Time for Everyone
I got exactly what I paid for.
Very relaxing at times boring ...