Could have been better: Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by fatcat12
Overall Member Rating
Could have been better
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: New Orleans
- Cabin: connecting cabins 2390 / 2392 were great. Had to request additional hangers for 3 people, and cabin steward kept everything nice and clean.
- Dining room (Monet): waitress had names memorized on first night, but otherwise just didn't feel the service was there. She had 2 tables of 8, and 2 tables of 6 (28 people) -- a little much for 1 person. When someone did help they asked 1 side of the table about extra rolls or potatoes fixings, then did not serve the other side of the table??
- Food: 70% of the food More was bland (including desserts) with little flavor.
- Steakhouse: best meal of the entire week........worth the price.
- Bon voyage gifts: bar credits are worthless. They have a limit of $5.75 and the only drink (other than beer) you could get for that price was a non-alcoholic smoothie...
- Entertainment: I thought the shows were a little lacking -- skill level was down.
- Bingo: usually do, but did not attend because the length of time specified only indicated 1 game with set payoff, instead of cut of all proceeds.
- Casino: seemed like 75% of the slots were in the smoking area, and this was very limiting for non-smokers. Some of the better machines were in the smoking section. Waiters/waitresses accepted orders of just plain ice water -- but would never bring it to you.....
- Friendliness: my 4th Carnival cruise, and staff just does not seem as friendly -- not worthy of mandated tip's.
Debarkation: If you were ready and waiting in your room to get off, it went fast, we got off earlier than expected. But our other guests were not so ready, and we waited 30 minutes for them to get off.....
Ports of call: I blame Carnival for allowing a 7hr tour in Cozumel, when they want you back on board in 6.5hrs.......needless to say the boat left Cozumel 1hr late due to the mainland (7hr) tours.....Carnival needs to work this out with tour companies for all tours to be 1hrs less than desired time to be back on boat. If you are to be back on boat at 6.5hrs after landing, then longest allowed tour should be 5.5hrs. Less
Cabin review: 6B23890 Ocean View
Had connecting cabins 2390 & 2392. Three ladies in each. It worked out great to be able to open the door between. Made things seem more open & larger.Read All Ocean View (6B) Reviews >>