Embarkation: 2 of 3 elevators not working to get down from the 4th floor of parking garage. Had to go down the stairs - when we tried to mention issue to first lady she did not understand us saying "Elevators are not working" and just told me "I had to be patient". Then when she walked inside the building with us she visibly saw where 2 elevators were being held at the ground level and requested another lady clear the elevators for use.
- Cabin: connecting cabins 2390 / 2392 were great. Had to request additional hangers for 3 people, and cabin steward kept everything nice and clean.
- Dining room (Monet): waitress had names memorized on first night, but otherwise just didn't feel the service was there. She had 2 tables of 8, and 2 tables of 6 (28 people) -- a little much for 1 person. When someone did help they asked 1 side of the table about extra rolls or potatoes fixings, then did not serve the other side of the table??
- Food: 70% of the food More
was bland (including desserts) with little flavor.
- Steakhouse: best meal of the entire week........worth the price.
- Bon voyage gifts: bar credits are worthless. They have a limit of $5.75 and the only drink (other than beer) you could get for that price was a non-alcoholic smoothie...
- Entertainment: I thought the shows were a little lacking -- skill level was down.
- Bingo: usually do, but did not attend because the length of time specified only indicated 1 game with set payoff, instead of cut of all proceeds.
- Casino: seemed like 75% of the slots were in the smoking area, and this was very limiting for non-smokers. Some of the better machines were in the smoking section. Waiters/waitresses accepted orders of just plain ice water -- but would never bring it to you.....
- Friendliness: my 4th Carnival cruise, and staff just does not seem as friendly -- not worthy of mandated tip's.
Debarkation: If you were ready and waiting in your room to get off, it went fast, we got off earlier than expected. But our other guests were not so ready, and we waited 30 minutes for them to get off.....
Ports of call: I blame Carnival for allowing a 7hr tour in Cozumel, when they want you back on board in 6.5hrs.......needless to say the boat left Cozumel 1hr late due to the mainland (7hr) tours.....Carnival needs to work this out with tour companies for all tours to be 1hrs less than desired time to be back on boat. If you are to be back on boat at 6.5hrs after landing, then longest allowed tour should be 5.5hrs. Less
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Caverns by Jeep & Beach. Having done the XCaret caverns, this one was disappointing. Lots of stairs & stooping to get to the water cavern then too little in float direction. Go this way come back to center, then go that way and back to center. Beach was too far away and they could easily shorten the tour time by going to a beach/resort in Playacar.