Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by KKJBB: Loved the Ship

Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Loved the Ship

Sail Date: March 2012

We took this cruise with 3 other couples, and we chose this particular ship because it is new and we all love NCL. This ship is huge, however, it was not hard to figure out where everything was after a day. I have to say that the food was excellent. We ate at the buffet, the regular dining rooms and the speciality restaurants. The crew were all very friendly and very helpful. Our cabin steward was wonderful and he always called us by our names whenever we saw him, plus he made the best towel animals every night. It was always fun to come back to see what he had made each night! The entertainment on the ship is first class. The Blue Man Group were something to see! The guys in our group really didn't care that much for it, but the women all loved it. I would highly recommend making your reservations for dinner and shows as soon as you're allowed to. I believe it's 45 days before the cruise. We did have a little problem with getting good chairs by the pool, but we just had More someone get up early and reserve several chairs. Sorry if this offends some people, but that's the way it is! The one complaint I have was breakfast room service. We ordered room service the first morning, and when it arrived we didn't receive everything that we ordered, namely eggs, sausage, and bacon. We found out from our friends that room service doesn't serve those items, you can only get continental breakfast items. They had done the same thing, but they received a phone call telling them why they weren't getting those items. We did not receive a call. Plus when we filled out the card for room service breakfast, it has eggs, sausage, and bacon listed. I don't understand why they are listed on the menu if their not available!

We also chose this ship because if the itinerary. We wanted to go specifically to St. Thomas, the reason was that we love going to Imperial Jewelers. Plus we all love the other shopping on St. Thomas. On St. Maarten we shopped and then went to the beach which was withing walking distance of the ship. On Nassau we just walked around the town, had lunch and drinks, and then heading back to the ship. The one place I would recommend to AVOID on Nassau is the Straw Market. It is soooo hot and it's row after row of the same stuff. Plus the merchants all sit in the isles and are eating, and whatever they were eating just made you nauseous.

The weather was great for our week but apparently the seas were a little rough because we could definitely feel the ship rocking. There was one person in our group that had to get a seasick patch put on, and after a couple of hours she felt fine. We also heard from people that were on other ships, when we docked in Nassau, that they didn't get to go to other ports because the particular ship they were on couldn't dock their ship. So they missed several of their ports. So I'm glad our ship was able to make all our ports.

I would highly recommend this ship. We had a wonderful time, and a great cruise! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 13 10245

Plenty of storage space. Put our suitcases under the bed, so they were out of the way. People talked about the inconvenience of having the sink out in the rest of the cabin, but we didn't have a problem with it. I thought the cabins were nice and pretty typical of a cruise ship cabin, except maybe a little more storage space. The beds were very comfortable and my husband loved the pillows!

Not much to do there except to shop, and after shopping on the other two ports, we were pretty much shopped out. Plus the Straw Market is terrible! It's so hot and smells of awful food. Once you have seen one row of junk, it's the same row after row. We just couldn't stand how hot and smelly it was! But being in Nassau is still better than being at home!
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

Shopping and beach are all within walking distance of the ship.

Love all the shopping in St. Thomas. I've heard that St.John's has a great beach, but we'ver never made it there. One of these times we will. We never seem to have enough time to shop and go to the beach. Just wish we had been in St. Thomas longer.
Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews