Braemar Cruise Review by davey16969: Braemar, a wonderful ship

Compare Prices on Braemar Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Braemar, a wonderful ship

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Hamilton

My wife and I are both retired. I was a wine consultant and my wife a medical professional. We both enjoy the sun and we both enjoy Cruising. Because of when we had to book in at Gatwick, we stayed overnight at the Gatwick Worth Hotel and left our car at Gatwick. We flew from Gatwick to Montego Bay to join our ship Fred Olsen's Braemar.

This was to be our third cruise on this ship and our second aboard Braemar. The ship was "stretched" a few years ago, with a new piece inserted in the middle. This on deck 5 is where the library is found easily by the sound of snoring. There are 7 or 8 bars around the ship from pool bars to quiet club bars. Also 3 Restaurants, one of which is buffet style. Wherever you eat the food is superb. Michelin style.The waiting staff were excellent, attentive and friendly. There was an excellent wine list, reasonably priced.There are two entertainment areas so there could be two different shows on at the same time.The shows were excellent, West End More standard.

Other features are 2 pools, 2 jacuzies a golf driving range and other sporting activities including carpet bowls, shuffleboard and putting. a fully equipped fitness centre and beauty salon. Plenty of shops with reasonably price goods. There is an internet room, and other activities such as Quizzes, Lectures and special interest subjects plus talks on ports of call.

Like all cruise lines their excursions are expensive. We did 2. In Cozumel I visited Mayan Ruins while my wife took the scenic tour. In Cuba we toured panoramic Havana taking in a rum factory.At every port we could get off ship and do our own thing. We did this a lot with other passengers hiring mini-bus taxis. By doing this we could go and stop where we wanted. We did this in Tortola, Martinique and Bermuda. Other ports we just wandered around the local area. The cruise finished in Bermuda where we disembarked. This was done very efficiently by deck. We then were taken to the airport to fly home.This was a super cruise on a super ship that I would recommend to anyone. Less

Read more Braemar cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Braemar Review >>

Cabin review: Braemar Twin Outside Atlantic Deck 4053

Adequate but needed more storage space,

Mayan Ruins

(3)
Not impressed. Much too sterile. The visit to a Tequila factory made up for it.

Market day wandered around the stalls.
Read 124 Hamilton Reviews

(5.5)
Got off ship and explored on our own and then took an excursion Panoramic Havana with a visit to a rum Factory. Excellent tour with expert guide and met very friendly locals. Even the officials at a museum helped me tkae photos and also posed with me.
Read 13 Havana Reviews

Shared a Mini-bus Taxi and explored the island then disembarked to fly home .
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

Wandered around the local area with free transport from the ship to the town centre with a lovely market.