Star Princess Cruise Review by gturnerca

Embarkation: other
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: c753
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
review star princess from chile to San Francisco feb 2012
first of all I must state that the service on the ship was wonderful. Ever princess employee was nice and very helpful. a few were above and beyond what anyone could expect or wish for. the check in process was efficient and very friendly. We had a wonderful Balcony cabin BB. c753 on the back end of the ship and a cabin that was wonderful with an extra large balcony. much larger balcony than standard balcony cabins or mini suites. I am a fan of Princess product based on prior 12 cruises.

the service was above average and exceptional from many princess employees. I loved princess in the past but there were many noticeable downgrades in service.

the food in the horizon court was below expect ion to poor for afternoon and evening service.

it seems as if food came out of a can and was not fresh food. I have never been disappointed with princess before and the food on this trip was the worst I have ever experienced on princess. food in the fining room was OK. the service was wonderful but again the food was not as good as in the past.

the cruise director staff did not provide as much entertainment as in the past. less event than in the past and music that was for 65-95 set. i am 45 and found the music for someone 30+ years older.

nice ship but I will be cursing with another cruise line next time. princess is looking a lot more like that cheap name of the holding company with the "c" word. princess was a higher end product until recent time.

i use to recommend princess to friend as an exceptional modernly priced cruise line that was above average and fun. most disappointed. great staff that does everything to please-your hope for the product and bad management that cutting cost and product hoping we are to stupid to notice.

I loved my prior 12+ PRINCESS CRUISES

WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO ELITE STATUS BUT AFTER THIS CRUISE I WILL BE SAILING ANOTHER CRUISE LINE NEXT TIME

I have done 13 cruise on princess

1 on celebrity

1 on Holland America

next on royal Caribbean

value for the money I can only rate 3

every other princess cruise I rate 4.5+

very disappointed in the downgrade of the product

Publication Date: 03/22/12