Star Princess Cruise Review by gturnerca: review star princess from chile to San Francisco feb 2012

gturnerca
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Star Princess South America & Antarctica Cruises

review star princess from chile to San Francisco feb 2012

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Other

first of all I must state that the service on the ship was wonderful. Ever princess employee was nice and very helpful. a few were above and beyond what anyone could expect or wish for. the check in process was efficient and very friendly. We had a wonderful Balcony cabin BB. c753 on the back end of the ship and a cabin that was wonderful with an extra large balcony. much larger balcony than standard balcony cabins or mini suites. I am a fan of Princess product based on prior 12 cruises.
the service was above average and exceptional from many princess employees. I loved princess in the past but there were many noticeable downgrades in service.

the food in the horizon court was below expect ion to poor for afternoon and evening service.
it seems as if food came out of a can and was not fresh food. I have never been disappointed with princess before and the food on this trip was the worst I have ever experienced on princess. food in the fining room was OK. the More service was wonderful but again the food was not as good as in the past.

the cruise director staff did not provide as much entertainment as in the past. less event than in the past and music that was for 65-95 set. i am 45 and found the music for someone 30+ years older.

nice ship but I will be cursing with another cruise line next time. princess is looking a lot more like that cheap name of the holding company with the "c" word. princess was a higher end product until recent time.

i use to recommend princess to friend as an exceptional modernly priced cruise line that was above average and fun. most disappointed. great staff that does everything to please-your hope for the product and bad management that cutting cost and product hoping we are to stupid to notice.

I loved my prior 12+ PRINCESS CRUISES
WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO ELITE STATUS BUT AFTER THIS CRUISE I WILL BE SAILING ANOTHER CRUISE LINE NEXT TIME

I have done 13 cruise on princess
1 on celebrity
1 on Holland America

next on royal Caribbean

value for the money I can only rate 3
every other princess cruise I rate 4.5+

very disappointed in the downgrade of the product Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald Deck c753

love the cabin if you can get this one. next to the suites n the back end of the ship extra large balcony. love it