Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by steponmyknee: Very enjoyable trip

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Very enjoyable trip

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

We really enjoyed this cruise. We travelled with my husband's 2 sons, ages 11 and 13. We go them their own cabin so that we could have some privacy.

From the time we boarded, there were so many activities to choose from. I didn't hear "I'm bored" once the entire week. The activities for kids are great. The boys were busy every day, so my husband and I had a lot of alone time, which was exactly what we wanted.

We had a 2nd deck oceanview room. The decor is dated (think faded Miami Vice), but that's not what we were there for, so it was just fine. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were way too firm for my taste. I suppose I could have called housekeeping for different pillows, but I'd much rather spend my time on the Lido deck with a drink than sitting in my room waiting to play Goldilocks. Next time I'll heed my instinct and bring my own pillow.

The food was mostly good. The pizza is delicious, and the desserts were terrific. We had the early More seating in the Paris Dining Room, and we ate there every night. There were a few standout items: Maine lobster tails, escargot, crab cakes, and frog's legs, to name a few.

The entertainment team does a great job all day. There were fun trivia games, a "Newlywed Game"-style game, contests out on the pool deck during the day, and great shows at night. Make sure you go to "Superstar Live". It's karaoke with a live band. Not everyone who got up on stage was a great singer, but it was worth it to hear the good singers.

We visited Progreso and Cozumel. We spent very little time in Progreso, and we didn't book an excursion for that day, so if I did it again, I'd probably just stay on board and enjoy the quiet while everyone else went souvenir shopping. Cozumel was prettier, and more expensive. My husband took his boys deep-sea fishing and I went to swim with dolphins. I think I enjoyed my day more than they did. They were disappointed that they only caught one fish. I got to swim with a dolphin, which I thought was the coolest thing ever!

There is a gym on the ship, with some decent equipment. I had every intention of working out while on vacation, but that never happened. I was having too much fun in the sun with my book and my tropical beverages!

Overall, this was a really fun trip. I'm already thinking about which ship we want to go on next. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Oceanview Main 2417

Not enough hangers in the closet, hair dryer is a joke, great view

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5.5)
I did the dolphin swim at Dolphinaris and I loved it! Great trainers, beautiful facility, adorable dolphins!

Not much to see in the town. I heard that the Chichen-itza tour is great, though.
Read 285 Progreso Reviews