“The Celebrity ECLIPSE”

Lufthansa747
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This review is about the classic 7 nights eastern carribean on the CELEBRITY ECLIPSE. Ports of call have been San Juan , St.Maarten and St.Kitts. I am from Germany and travelled together with my friend.As i was on a General Electric training in Cincinnati we had to meet 2 days before the cruise in Miami. I arrived there on American Airlines and my friend onboard the new Lufthansa flagship A380. We stayed in Fort Lauderdale as most hotels in MIA where fully booked because of spring break ( we booked the cruise just one week before ). Its was our 3rd cruise with a solstice class ship , last was the transatlantic in november 2011. Embarkation in Miami was excellent, we arrived around 1pm and check inn was smooth, with no waiting lanes for the aqua class and select member cabins. Aboard the ship just 15 minutes after check inn we could directly proceed to our cabin as it was already ready. Beautiful Aqua Class cabin as always, with the big balcony on deck 11 on the left forward side. Ours room was very well prepaired with the champagne waiting for us. Ours room steward did a great job on this cruise, he was the best we ever had ! The ship i think was fully booked. And wow, so many younger passengers this time on the ship due to spring break. I mean ,normally you see much more scooters on celebrity ships but this time there was much more " Life " on board and it felt a bit like on a carnival ship :) I liked it as the average age on my last transatlantic was around 80 ?! Service as its best , food in Blu reataurant perfect and tasty as ever, very nice waiter. We also visited the new "Cuisine" speciality restaurant and uhh, what can i say, you had to roll me out as i ate sooooooo much this evening. I just can recommend this restaurant to everyone. The concept is unique , the service perfect and the 40 dollar extra worse it. The ship was clean and very well maintained, all the staff are friendly and help you whenever you have a problem. There is one thing i have to complain about : At the oceanview cafe , when u look at the floor at the water and juice station..it looks not clean! In times of Novo celebrity must clean this area often a day ! Sometimes i dont understand the guests aboard,and it this time mainly the american people . I see them all the day eating burgers and pizza, having a smile in the face when they have it on the plate. And many of them really look like if they had to many burgers. When it comes to healthy food like u have in Blu restaurant they always complain about this and that in a way u only would feel shame. The behaviour of some people is really bad. I have to say this because some treated the personal very bad and hey, think about, when u buy a cruise ticket you dont buy the staff of the ship ! And if u let your pizza and burgers fall down then please take a paper and clean it up and dont scream to this unfair paid waiter to do it for you. Ports of call are well known i think .After a long winter in germany and some tornados in Cincinnati i just enjoyed the sun and heat of the carribean .)) Disembarkation was as smooth as check inn and whe where off the ship with our luggage after somewhat 15 minutes- Anyway , this was a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship . Celebrity has the best ship class i have ever been on : The Solstice Class Ships. They look like 5 Star Luxury hotels and you feel that they had been constructed in Germany . I mean where do you find a mirror in the bath that does not fog after a nice hot shower :) ? I am looking forward to my next cruise in November , then doing Singapore-Sydney on the Solstice. Thank you Celebrity for 5 Star service and your always friendly staff .
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?