Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Azwolfe: What a splendor

What a splendor

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Being single people said prior to sailing are you sure you want to go alone? I was excited to plan what I wanted to do with no worries if some else wanted to do the same thing. I had made travel arrangements to Long beach airpoort and a ride to and from the boat. I found this was awesome. The airline did charge 25.00 for my luggage but no hassles. Got off the plane someone from carnival was waiting picked me right up and took me to the dock. It was early but I was able to register. The boarding process is a little slow I think because they stop everyone twice to take pictures and capture the moment.
Once on the ship food was ready. I ate and found the food to be like any other buffet style food, average. I had room service each morning for breakfast it was alway aright on time delivered by a staff member was was smiling and friendly. I had dinner in the golden pearl each night for late seating and was placed with other singles. I enjoyed the dinners and the "have you ever" More choices on the menus. Wendi and Tri took great care of our dinner service. The food for dinner was excellent and many choices available you could order as much or little as you wanted.
I enjoyed the nightly shows and the comedians. I played in the slot and blackjack tournament the price point for these activities were right on spot. I like the games that were played with the couples like the newlywed game just revised. Towel folding was a hoot. There was a lot of trivia games. Each night there was a time for singles to meet however having late dinner I missed most of those times. Would be nice if it was planned earlier in the day when at sea. I went to the shopping seminar and was not impressed. The information was only for the very high end stores and jewelry. There was no information for everyday shoppers who just wanted to bring back a little something. I later saw the gentleman who was teaching this at his desk and found him to be rather rude and short.
I really want to mention my Stewart his name is Emmanuel he is the best he alway had my room ready no matter what time I arrived he always greeted me by name and with a smiles. He made me feel special everyday. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Empress 7449

Cabin 7449 at back of ship is very nice. It had plenty of room for one and I think two wouldn't be to bad. The balcony does get a litlle soot but not to bad. It is a quiet area not a lot of traffics. You do get a little more noise when the ship first takes off.

I did two excursions in Cabo first para sailing this was great they made you feel like you could do anything even if you were a bundle of nerves. It was hard to find the location to get the pictures that were taken during this event. I did salsa salsa on day two. This also was great fun. I was paired up with another person who was a child. Being single they didn't make provisions for me to do this with another adult or by myself but the class was still enjoyable. The ladies are funny.

Beginning scuba

(5)
In PV I did scuba diving for beginners at las caletes. Rafael my dive master was awesome. We did a little class then down we went. I had a camera he showed me many things and took my pictures under water. I wish the water would have been clear you could only see about five feet. After diving they provided lunch. Oh yeah we go to the private beach by boat hitch also had free drinks and the staff told you about the area and provided short little skits to keep you entertained.