Disappointing: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by bgyoshi
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles
I had such great experiences cruising that I decided to have a weekend cruise with my girls for my Bachelorette Party.
- Carnival was the only company offering what we were looking for - 3 nights, and sails on the West Coast.
- Embarkation and debarkation went smoothly.
- Charging $$ for a lot of things after booking. i.e. We booked 2 rooms for 9 girls (room of 4 and room of 5), two of the girls wanted to switch rooms and I called Carnival 2 weeks prior to cruise and was told it would cost me $150 to do that. Why?
- Decor: very retro, really should upgrade to more modern.
- Service: I have always known who my wait staff were and who my room attendant were when on Royal Caribbean...neither introduced themselves to us and frankly, we never met our More stateroom attendant.
- Room: there was no hair dryer in the room.
- Entertainment: For a sea day and raining/storming, there wasn't a lot of activities scheduled..it was kind of boring. And the level of entertainment wasn't up to par to what I have seen on Royal Caribbean either, the shows weren't entertaining, and the comedy shows weren't all that funny... Less
Cabin review: 4BR110 Interior
R110: pretty cozy for a room for 5. We had 2 twins and 2 pull mans, and a roll away that fit snuggly but perfectly in the room. We had plenty of space for storing our stuff in closets and under the beds, only complain is that we lack any table surface, considering the tiny vanity table could only fit so much. We didn't have space to put our water or eat our room service! Room was way closer to front of ship, I would've picked something more centered.Read All Interior (4B) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review >>