I have cruised twice with Royal Caribbean, 7-night Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan) and 7-night Western Caribbean (Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel).
I had such great experiences cruising that I decided to have a weekend cruise with my girls for my Bachelorette Party.
- Carnival was the only company offering what we were looking for - 3 nights, and sails on the West Coast.
- Embarkation and debarkation went smoothly.
- Charging $$ for a lot of things after booking. i.e. We booked 2 rooms for 9 girls (room of 4 and room of 5), two of the girls wanted to switch rooms and I called Carnival 2 weeks prior to cruise and was told it would cost me $150 to do that. Why?
- Decor: very retro, really should upgrade to more modern.
- Service: I have always known who my wait staff were and who my room attendant were when on Royal Caribbean...neither introduced themselves to us and frankly, we never met our stateroom attendant.
- Room: there was no hair dryer in the room.
- Entertainment: For a sea day and raining/storming, there wasn't a lot of activities scheduled..it was kind of boring. And the level of entertainment wasn't up to par to what I have seen on Royal Caribbean either, the shows weren't entertaining, and the comedy shows weren't all that funny...