“HAPPY CRUISERS!”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

DebbieActon Carnival Freedom 5 HAPPY CRUISERS!
DebbieActon
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My family (husband, 16 year old son, 13 year old daughter and myself) cruised the March 10th sailing of the Freedom. In short, we were very pleased with all aspects. We have cruised 8 times and I believe this ranks at the top. The cabin, food, ship, ports, entertainment and service were all more than we expected. Everyone on board we encountered seemed to be in a great mood and ready to have a good vacation. Yes, the decor is a little scary at first but a few days in I no longer really even noticed. We enjoyed all the ports - Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao and Aruba. After 4 ports in a row, the 2 days at sea was really nice. We only went to one "big" show, the Beatles Review, and really enjoyed it. Big production, good talent with lots of scene and costume changes. What really seemed to surprise us was the entertainment staff. We enjoyed the comedy, karaoke and the trivia. We have never participated before like we did this time. Brad was a very good CD and his staff really seemed to enjoy themselves and I think that made a real difference for us. When we were getting off the ship they had funny nicknames for my kids that really made them feel special. Imagine all these passengers and they were known by name! Everything ran smoothly with all events starting pretty much on time. We disembarked from cabin to cab in 15 minutes and that was including locating our luggage.
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D9265
9265 - nice cabin. Across from the stairs and elevators never heard a noise all week.

Port
Beach day on Palm Beach very nice. My husband and son went scuba diving with Diversity - loved it.
Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Port
We went to the Seaquarium - nice day only spent about 2 hours there which was enough. My husband and son went scuba diving with the Dive Bus - loved it! Afterwards we went into town and watched the bridge open - interesting.
Read 702 Curacao Reviews
Published 03/19/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?