Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by DebbieActon: HAPPY CRUISERS!

DebbieActon
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Southern Caribbean Cruises

HAPPY CRUISERS!

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My family (husband, 16 year old son, 13 year old daughter and myself) cruised the March 10th sailing of the Freedom. In short, we were very pleased with all aspects. We have cruised 8 times and I believe this ranks at the top. The cabin, food, ship, ports, entertainment and service were all more than we expected. Everyone on board we encountered seemed to be in a great mood and ready to have a good vacation.

Yes, the decor is a little scary at first but a few days in I no longer really even noticed.

We enjoyed all the ports - Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao and Aruba. After 4 ports in a row, the 2 days at sea was really nice.

We only went to one "big" show, the Beatles Review, and really enjoyed it. Big production, good talent with lots of scene and costume changes.

What really seemed to surprise us was the entertainment staff. We enjoyed the comedy, karaoke and the trivia. We have never participated before like we did this time. Brad was a More very good CD and his staff really seemed to enjoy themselves and I think that made a real difference for us. When we were getting off the ship they had funny nicknames for my kids that really made them feel special. Imagine all these passengers and they were known by name!

Everything ran smoothly with all events starting pretty much on time. We disembarked from cabin to cab in 15 minutes and that was including locating our luggage. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Lido 9265

9265 - nice cabin. Across from the stairs and elevators never heard a noise all week.

Beach day on Palm Beach very nice. My husband and son went scuba diving with Diversity - loved it.
Read 686 Aruba Reviews

We went to the Seaquarium - nice day only spent about 2 hours there which was enough. My husband and son went scuba diving with the Dive Bus - loved it! Afterwards we went into town and watched the bridge open - interesting.
Read 503 Curacao Reviews

Beach day - really nice.

We were worried about this port so I researched it thoroughly. We did the Seavis Tour for Carnival. I was very pleased.