MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by Hali

Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Magnifica Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Magnifica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Magnifica Deck Plans
Wouldn't choose MSC again
After reading the previous review, I can only agree with everything written. It sums up exactly what I was going to write.

We did get our cruise at a very good price and so felt that we shouldn't expect too much but even then I feel disappointed! The cabin was nice and kept very clean but other than that service, shows, entertainment, food quality was all poor. There is only one drinks station kept open all the time and they had a daily 4pm afternoon tea and cake period. There was literally hundreds of people queueing up to get a hot drink from the one drinks station and the drink was served in a thick blue plastic transparent mug (similar to a picnic/childs mug).

There is a 4D cinema onboard but what they don't let you know before hand is that the films shown are only 10 minutes long due to the film effects meaning the films shown have to be very short. They were charging just over 9 Euros to see two 10 minute films.

Franco, the entertainment manager, described the boat as "your luxury floating hotel", in all honesty it was more of a floating, poor quality, holiday camp.

Our disembarkation was fine as we only had carry on luggage and therefore were able to leave the boat as soon as we reached the port.

We chose this cruise solely on the itinerary but I wouldn't sail MSC again. We did a Costa Cruise previously which didn't work out much more in terms of cost and I thought was a much better standard. Despite the problems Costa have had recently, I would still sail with them over MSC. Compared to our Costa cruise, I found buying drinks onboard expensive.

Saying that, I do have to add that although I heard many people with the same complaints as me, I also heard of some passengers who were already booking their next MSC cruise and thought it was very good........

Publication Date: 03/19/12