“Fun Spring Break cruise”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

cdymom1907 Mariner of the Seas 0 Fun Spring Break cruise
cdymom1907
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We just got home from our Spring Break Cruise to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Embarkation: This went pretty smooth. Line was a bit slow at 1st because there only seemed to be one scanner open, but began to speed up. We were in the Windjammer within an hour of getting to the port. Stateroom: Everything was clean and in good condition. The TV did not work when we got there but our attendant was on it and it was fixed within 30 minutes. Not a big deal at all. Speaking of our state room attendant...Bernadette Prince. She was the best ever. The ones I have had in the past have been great, but Bernadette just went above and beyond. She paid so much attention to the small things. She even folded some clothes that were on the couch one night when we were in a hurry to get to the show. If she saw us coming down the hall she would open our door for us. MRD:We ate there every night. I was worried the quality had gone down after reading some of the reviews but there was nothing to worry about. Of course there were some things that needed more salt and pepper but I think considering they are cooking for 3500+ people they do an amazing job. Aaron and Christopher were good. A little shaky the 1st night,but on night 2 they had our drinks to us and most importantly kept my Diet Coke full. Aaron knew after night one how we liked our steaks. Christopher always made sure to keep my mom stocked up on her favorite savory bites. They were very accommodating in bringing us and extra appetizer, dessert, or entree. Shows: They were good. New cast and CD. The group Mosaic performed and blew the roof off of the place. We even ran into them the next day in Cozumel...very nice group of young me. Disembarkation: Total nightmare. Long delays. It took us about 3 hours to get off. I think it was a combo of too few agents and some problem with someone trying to bring something in that required the fire marshall to be called out.
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Tender was very fast. No line at all when we went in about 10 AM..in fact there were only about 10 people even on it. The line looked long coming back about 3:30 but we got on the next tender. It did take a while for the boat to unload...note...don't sit on the bottom and the back and if you do just sit back and relax.
Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Culinary Tour
This was so much fun. Made 7 salsas and 2 different margaritas. Also taught the salsa dance. The only drawback was the excursion advertised time for pool and or beach and snorkel gear available to rent. There was no time for the water ( I skipped the dance lesson...the water was too inviting) and the hotel said the snorkel gear was for hotel guests only.
Published 03/19/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Mariner of the Seas Review
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?