Pride of America Cruise Review by Ikenuts

Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: IC

GREAT HAWAIIAN CRUISE
After reading past reviews of the NCL Pride of America, I went in with very low expectations on food and service. I was very pleasantly proven wrong. Our service throughout the ship was outstanding. The food was, at the least, above average. We were lucky enough to be put on the VIP List (it's nice to have friends with connections), so we had breakfast almost daily in the Lazy J Steakhouse away from what I have to assume were the crowds in the buffet.

The itinerary cannot be beat. I feel everyone should experience the beauty and hospitality of Hawaii at least once. It seemed many of the excursions offered by NCL were designed for very large groups. As we preferred a more personal experience, I spent quite a bit of time online researching excursions. With the exception of the Gourmet Volcano Tour on Hilo, I booked all of our excursions independently.

The ship was well laid out, easy to navigate. Lots of fun bars to find your type of place to relax. With such a tour and port intensive trip, I can say we didn't really utilize much of the ship. Cabins are a little smaller than those on Celebrity and Princess, although as a single in an inside I didn't notice many shortcomings.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't the nicest, but it is winter in Hawaii too.

Overall a great cruise. I would recommend the Pride to everyone - its the best way to see the most of Hawaii.

Publication Date: 03/19/12