MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by beverly

Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
Must read
First I want to say what a beautiful ship, it is out of this world. no expense spared when they built this. It is immaculately clean. It was my first time cruising and I have to say after I had read some of the reviews that people had left on this site I was a bit worried.

FOOD. you can't fault it. There is plenty to choose from in the buffet. ( Zanzibar ) We ate at the red velvet in the evening and the menu was good with plenty options. The service was excellent and the waiters ware great.

CABIN. Was very clean. Beds are made in the mornings and fresh towels, and in the evening your bed is turned down and more fresh towels. The cabin boy comes to introduce himself when you first get there. If you need any thing just let them know and they go out of there way to do it for you.

EXCURSIONS. We didn't go on any of them they are very costly from the ship. most ports have a little shuttle bus that's free,to the end of the port. and you can go it alone. There is plenty of busses and maps and it costs so much less to do it that way.

THINGS TO DO ON THE SHIP WHEN AT SEA. there is a paper that is left in your cabin each night telling you what's on and where. Its very informative, Its a must to go to the theater every night. The entertainment is very good, it lasts about 45 minutes.

NEGATIVES There are not a lot of English passengers on board. There are a lot of Germans Italian's, and a mixture of other Europeans. And I will say this they have no manners and they are rude, they push and shove you. I found that hard to deal with. But I will say that the staff on board were helpful and very pleasant to deal with.

DESTINATIONS. The one place that this ship should not sail to is Morocco. Its dirty and third world and the Arabs do not leave you alone. All the other places you visit are beautiful clean and if you want to eat there or get a drink that's fine. I would not recommend you eat or drink any thing from morocco or you might be ill.

I would go on this cruise again but I would not get of at morocco when it docks. I would use MSC again to cruise, We had a great time. and if you read this I'm sure you will fell at ease for your cruise. Happy sailing.

Publication Date: 03/18/12