Carnival Conquest 5

“Conquest March 4-11, 3012”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

AuntMil
Member Since 2012
62 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

The Carnival Conquest is so far the biggest and nicer cruise ship I have been on. I had a wonderful time on the ship. I tell people all the time you have to work really hard to not have a good time on a cruise.

This cruise was extremely relaxing for me. The last 2 cruises I was on I was with more family which included my niece and nephew and that keeps you busier doing thing with young kids. I just took it real easy this trip.

Ports:

Key West was fun. A great city to walk around and soak up some history. I took a trolley tour where you could hop on and off at your leisure. The tour guides on the trolley gave lots of interesting history on the city.

Freeport was not fun. I feel they should find another port to visit. None the excursions were anything I wanted to do and you have to taxi to a shopping area that did not impress me.

Nassau was a lot better than Freeport. No taxi was needed, the city was easy to walk around. I did a glass More bottom boat excursion that provided a harbor tour before making its way to the sea gardens.

One thing that excited me about this cruise was that I would not be going to Cozumel because I had been there on all my other cruises, however after visiting Freeport and Nassau I think I would have preferred Key West and Cozumel as my stops on this cruise.

My two favorite things I did on the cruise were Chef's Table and Behind the Fun Tour. These are special excursions on the ship that are avaible for a small number of people so if you want to do them book early. If you consider yourself a foodie you need to do the Chef's Table. A ten course meal served to you by the executive chef over 4 hours. So enjoyable!! Behind the Fun tour takes you to a lot of the unseen parts of the ship. A 3 1/2 hr walking tour where you learn a lot about the whole operation of the ship.

Service was what you expect from Carnival. This cruise had no standouts for me.

Overall, another great cruise from the folks at Carnival and, as always, looking forward to when I can plan another one!! Less

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

6237
Cabin 6237 on Conquest is located right above the theater/lounge. It never really bothered me but you could hear the music from the shows.

Published 03/18/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?