Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Maeshel

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Maeshel
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Maeshel
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

March 10 Navigator of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
Just got back from Navigator of the Seas Eastern Caribbean.

Boarding the ship went real smooth and leaving was even faster.

Supper in the main dinning hall was good. We had late dinning, in Nutcracker, the first day and the wait staff appeared like they were disorganized. We got our dinning changed to early dinning, Swan Lake, for the rest of the trip. The wait staff in Swan Lake was really great. Selections were ok and the food was great. Lunch at the main dinning room, Fantastic salad bar.

Windjammer I felt was just ok. Just like going to any restraunt buffet. Nothing to write home about. Being a Sushi fan, I was looking forward to Jade. It was a big let down. Salomon, shrimp and veggie offerings. Would of like to see some Tuna, Mackrel and the like.

Excursion were good. My wife and SIL did the Dolphin encounter in Cozmule I did the Bottom Fishing. We all enjoyed our excursions. I Grand Caymen we did the Pirate Encounter. Even though we didn't have grandkids along, it was great watching the crew interact with the little ones. I would highly recomend this excursion if you are traveling with kids.

Shows: We only went to the Ice Show. It was great and not to be missed.

I spent most of my time in Two Poets. The guitar player was very good. Went to 19th Hole once. The bartender even remembered my name the next day when I went up to Cloud 9. Same way in the cigar lounge after one visit. Don't know how they do it.

Ship: Everything was beautiful. We had cabin 3600. It was very quiet. The room attendent was was very good and attentive to his job, but not really outward going in personality like the rest of the crew. The whole section of cabins had a water problem. Sometimes you couldn't get cold water. Try taking pills or brushing your teeth with water hot enough to make tea. The problem was not solved all week.

I got the feeling that the crew wasn't in tune with some of the needs of a senior citizen.

Overall, our last 2 cruises on The Majesty was a lot better.

Publication Date: 03/18/12