Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by GOLFER1234: A GREAT TIME

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

A GREAT TIME

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas

This was our second RCC cruise as a family and group of 12 or more. Here are my thoughts:

1. Embarcation - This always goes fairly smoothy. We were one of the first 50 or so groups to check in. The lines were minimal and staff extremely friendly. It took us about 15 minutes from the time that we walked into the port at 11:15 am to board the ship. RATING A+

2. Cabins- Extremely small, however, with the two bed separated it was fine for a 3 night cruise. I wouldn't want to be in the tiny cabin for much more than that. The room and bathroom were extremely clean, and there were no odors of mildew etc., that many people seem to speak about. We were on the 5th floor and were midway on the port side. Great deck to book. I didn't see our room steward much during the stay but he kept the rooms spotless and always had fresh towels available to us. By the way the bedding was very comfortable. RATING- A- (only because of the size)

3. Food- Ok RCC, you could do better. More The first night was fine. Many of us had the garlic shrimp which were cooked with the shells on (huh??), but were moist and tasty. The second night I had the filet mignon which was tough, so tough I sent it back and had some chicken dish which was fine. Last night I ordered the chicken which had a tremendous amount of fat in it. They served us lunch at CoCo Cay which consisted of tough ribs but very tasty salads and hamburgers. The food on the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS was much better. The desserts were tasty though...Dining Room RATING B-. Johnny Rockets was an A. The food was freshly made and consistent with that of the chain at home. Compass Deli- A+... In fact, many of us wanted to eat there the last night but we didn't. The crepes were fantastic, especially the chocolate mousse one. The panini's were very good, as well as the antipasto selections. A hidden jewel of an eatery situated just above the Windjammer (didn't eat here so I can't rate it)

4. Entertainment- Ok everyone seems to think they have to mention this so I will. Night 1- Comedy show, the guy was GREAT. Night 2- some disco review show that had four singers, three of which couldn't sing in tune.. Night 3- a juggler guy, very good. The comic came back for an adults only show...GREAT SHOW.I just can't understand what would compel some adults to bring their young children (many aged 8-15 or so) to an adults show is beyond me... Overall B+. (but who really cares, just go to the shows and enjoy them for what they are)

5. Nightlife- Not a very active nightlife crowd. The bars were empty after 10:30-11:00 or so. There was a party the second and third nights at the pool that ended in the early am hours. My son attended and said that it was fun. RATING B

6. Bars- great bartenders, great drinks, and the prices of the drinks were reasonable. A+ here..

7. Ship's Condition- Ok, I have to say, forget all of the reviewers that are never happy with anything in their lives. The Majesty was in GREAT shape. Let me say it again, the Majesty was in GREAT shape. No rust, no mildew, no smells, just perfection. The common areas were immaculate. We were told by the assistant hotel manager the last night that it was in dry dock two weeks ago for 6 days and much of the carpeting was replaced and common areas revitalized. I have to give it an A+ for a 20 year old ship.

8. Value-- A

9. GYM- It was fine, consisted of many new weight machines, treadmills, bikes, but no ellipticals due to the low ceiling height. It was a bit warm inside, but very clean. RATING B

10---Overall-- We enjoyed the cruise but will do a 7 or 9 night next on the Allure. I'll give it an A- overall. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 5 5580

By the way, I almost forgot and I have to mention...RCC WHAT ARE YOU THINKING BY NOT MAINTAINING THE BEACH AREA?????? I couldn't believe this but much of the width of the beach for the first 5 to 50 feet into the water is loaded, and I mean loaded with large rocks. So much that I slipped and fell twice (and no, I am not some overweight, non-athletic, 50 year old) and witnessed many people complaining about it. RCC- GET ABOUT 5000 TONS OF SAND AND JUST DUMP IT IN THE WATER, LEVEL IT AND PROBLEM SOLVED...THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY A DANGEROUS CONDITION THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE EXISTED. The food was ok, and consisted of tough ribs, pretty good grilled chicken, good salads and good hamburgers.
Read 231 CocoCay Reviews

(5.5)
Spent the day at the Atlantis. Got off the boat by 8:30 and we were on the property by 9am. TIP-- Rent a room at the nearby Comfort Suites Hotel adjacent to Atlantis and enjoy all of Atlantis (water parks, etc,,)for the price of the room. If you have accumulated American Express points it'll cost 25,000 points to rent the room which gives you 4 passes to Atlantis. This is much less expensive than paying $165 or so a person for the excursion. There are plenty of taxis which can take you there for about $4.00 per person. If you don't have points the room only costs about $275.00. So if you are two or more this is the least costly way to enjoy the day. The other option is to buy the Atlantis Adventure Pass at the property for $120 or so butT this ticket can get sold out on busy days.
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews