Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by GOLFER1234

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by GOLFER1234
Majesty of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

A GREAT TIME
This was our second RCC cruise as a family and group of 12 or more. Here are my thoughts:

1. Embarcation - This always goes fairly smoothy. We were one of the first 50 or so groups to check in. The lines were minimal and staff extremely friendly. It took us about 15 minutes from the time that we walked into the port at 11:15 am to board the ship. RATING A+

2. Cabins- Extremely small, however, with the two bed separated it was fine for a 3 night cruise. I wouldn't want to be in the tiny cabin for much more than that. The room and bathroom were extremely clean, and there were no odors of mildew etc., that many people seem to speak about. We were on the 5th floor and were midway on the port side. Great deck to book. I didn't see our room steward much during the stay but he kept the rooms spotless and always had fresh towels available to us. By the way the bedding was very comfortable. RATING- A- (only because of the size)

3. Food- Ok RCC, you could do better. The first night was fine. Many of us had the garlic shrimp which were cooked with the shells on (huh??), but were moist and tasty. The second night I had the filet mignon which was tough, so tough I sent it back and had some chicken dish which was fine. Last night I ordered the chicken which had a tremendous amount of fat in it. They served us lunch at CoCo Cay which consisted of tough ribs but very tasty salads and hamburgers. The food on the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS was much better. The desserts were tasty though...Dining Room RATING B-. Johnny Rockets was an A. The food was freshly made and consistent with that of the chain at home. Compass Deli- A+... In fact, many of us wanted to eat there the last night but we didn't. The crepes were fantastic, especially the chocolate mousse one. The panini's were very good, as well as the antipasto selections. A hidden jewel of an eatery situated just above the Windjammer (didn't eat here so I can't rate it)

4. Entertainment- Ok everyone seems to think they have to mention this so I will. Night 1- Comedy show, the guy was GREAT. Night 2- some disco review show that had four singers, three of which couldn't sing in tune.. Night 3- a juggler guy, very good. The comic came back for an adults only show...GREAT SHOW.I just can't understand what would compel some adults to bring their young children (many aged 8-15 or so) to an adults show is beyond me... Overall B+. (but who really cares, just go to the shows and enjoy them for what they are)

5. Nightlife- Not a very active nightlife crowd. The bars were empty after 10:30-11:00 or so. There was a party the second and third nights at the pool that ended in the early am hours. My son attended and said that it was fun. RATING B

6. Bars- great bartenders, great drinks, and the prices of the drinks were reasonable. A+ here..

7. Ship's Condition- Ok, I have to say, forget all of the reviewers that are never happy with anything in their lives. The Majesty was in GREAT shape. Let me say it again, the Majesty was in GREAT shape. No rust, no mildew, no smells, just perfection. The common areas were immaculate. We were told by the assistant hotel manager the last night that it was in dry dock two weeks ago for 6 days and much of the carpeting was replaced and common areas revitalized. I have to give it an A+ for a 20 year old ship.

8. Value-- A

9. GYM- It was fine, consisted of many new weight machines, treadmills, bikes, but no ellipticals due to the low ceiling height. It was a bit warm inside, but very clean. RATING B

10---Overall-- We enjoyed the cruise but will do a 7 or 9 night next on the Allure. I'll give it an A- overall.

Publication Date: 03/18/12