Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by sport12: Relaxing short getaway

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Relaxing short getaway

Sail Date: March 2012

Perfect getaway for a short trip to the warm weather. Flew in morning of trip from Philadelphia - no problems. The pier is about a 10 min. cab ride for $15.00 plus tip.

Arrived at pier approx 12:00 noon - easy getting checked in with suite & Emerald line. However that day the cruise disembarking that morning was held up by customs and we could not get on for about an hour - not RCCL fault but they did a great job of getting everyone on quickly once they were cleared to start the embarkment.

Room was ready when we got on at 1:00 - our cabin was perfect - loved the location that we selected - near elevators and steps - the Junior suite was great - have stayed in them before and love the size, closet space and larger bathroom.

The food was really pretty good considering some of the horrible reviews that I have read - I often wonder where some of these people eat each night when they are home because the food was quite adequate and better than me having to More prepare it!! Ate at Chops the second night (formal night) just did not want to get dressed up this trip - the meal was great as always.

The entertainment was really good - I booked the Ice show, Up in the Air show & Saturday Night fever on line and it was very easy & convenient to just show your sea pass and walk in - you definitely need to book these before you go!!!
They were very good and very professional for cruise entertainment - the best we have seen in 12 cruises.

Since we have been to Cozumel before, we only got off the ship for a short time to walk around and shop a little - went back to the ship to relax in the sun for a few hours - on sea days the pools are very crowded - you can find chairs but just not close to the pool - the pool bars are very crowded and under staffed specially since this week was the start of "spring break" but it did not really bother us- we were there to just relax and were in no hurry !!!

We had booked an 11:45 flight back to Philadelphia on Monday and was a little nervous that we could be in trouble if there were a problem with customs again - but we were given #1 departure at 8:00 and could leave from the crown & anchor area - the line was a little slow getting off the ship but we found our luggage right away and a porter helped us roll through customs - it took about 15 minutes to wind through the line - really not bad considering how many people were getting off and as luck would have it we got singled out for a spot customs check - had to go to the side and they quickly looked through our luggage and wrote a form out!! no big deal just a few extra minutes and we were in the taxi to the airport! A word of caution - I would not book my flights so early because they say that at the Fort Lauderdale port the customs department is really bad and you never know if there will be delays. I have never had a problem at any of the other RCCL ports.

We enjoyed our cruise very much - the ship is really very nice just a little bigger than I am use to - love the voyager and radiance class but would definitely sail this class again especially for a family cruise - the service was excellent! - better than I expected for a ship this size - but what I have always received from RCCL - great trip. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 1364

Cabin 1364 - junior suite - located toward back not far from elevators & steps -chose that location on deck 10 because it is just one flight up to the windjammer and right near the cafe on promenade deck 5 - quiet location - no noise from deck 11 - plenty of room and closet space - good size bath with tub - great balcony and great size room !!!! very good access to all parts of the ship from here.