“CARNIVAL HAS GONE DOWNHILL”
Cruise review of Carnival Inspiration

2haflingers Carnival Inspiration 1 CARNIVAL HAS GONE DOWNHILL
2haflingers
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The most recent trip on Carnivals Inspiration was , sadly, a huge disappointment. My last cruise with them to the Carribean I would have rated 4 stars based on the amount of money that I paid. In other words, there are much much better out there but they cost more, but the food was pretty phenomenal, and overall it was a great deal for the price. I got back from the Ensenad cruise today and would give it 2 stars. The food was awful. The formal dining room of course had the better food, but it tended to be very bland.We ordered fruit and pastries from room service. have you ever seen watermelon that ahs sat in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days after being cut? The 'pastries" had thick film over the jelly part, looked old and very very poor quality. it all went in the trash. The portions were so small that my college aged son had to order 2 or 3 entrees, and most of the other guests were doing the same. In addition, in order to make more money carnival now charges for SODA !! in addition, they automatically charged my credit card $80 for gratuities for room steward etc. i guess im old fashioned but always thought a tip was given not mandatory, if so why not make it a part of the price. The kids club, the main reason that I chose a cruise was awful. Every 3 or 4 hours it is mandatory that you go and pick your kids up.i brought my daughter at 11 am and was told to pick her up at 12 and bring her back at 2 then she had to be picked up at 4:45 ti 7 then again at 10...in other words dont expect to be able to go to your cabin for a short nap... It was explained to me that they needed to "clean up" hhhmmmm...why not keep the kids and clean after? Overall, not worth the money.
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?