Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by PvtJoy1267: My 1st cruise was great! The Spirit was great too!

PvtJoy1267
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

My 1st cruise was great! The Spirit was great too!

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

I was told that to go on a 7 day cruise my first time was CRAZY, but as it turned out, it was just perfect for me. I specifically choose the 7 day cruise on the Spirit for its itinerary and the price for a Balcony cabin was too affordable to resist.
I traveled with a girlfriend who had several cruises under her belt but none on Norwegian and she was impressed. Our cabin was decent sized and we had enough closet space, once we tucked our suitcases under the beds. the twin beds were comfy too. The balcony was worth every penny. Some night we would leave the door open to hear the sound of the waves. Oh and to wake up before dawn and sit out and watch the sunrise was so delightful, very peaceful and spiritual experience!
Our cabin Steward Menkar was very attentive and friendly.
We paid the surcharge to eat at Cagney's steakhouse ($25 p/p) and the filet mignon was delicious! The other nights we dined in the main dinning rooms. The service was a little slow but the food was More great. We each purchased that refillable soda cup for $70 for the week.... worth it if you have to have a soda at every meal. I suggest putting one of your luggage stips on it. I left mine several times in the buffet and each time, the staff had set it aside for me to claim it.
The Broadway show medley was really good! As were the different theme night events. My cruise not too many over 35ers hit the disco, so that was kinda lame.
Belize ruins are a must! Rotaan island tour that takes you out to Turquoise Bay was ok....The views of the coral reef and mountains are breath taking!
I was not impressed with Costa Maya....I should have gone to see the ruins there. Nor was I impressed with Cozumel....Although the Atlantis submarine excursion was cool.
I loved my cruise so much its been 90 days and have just booked another cruise that leaves 4/7/2012. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>