Carnival Magic Cruise Review by DADONTHERUN: Magical Cruise On Carnival Magic

Overall Member Rating

Magical Cruise On Carnival Magic

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my second Carnival cruise and I must say I was not disappointed. In general the newest ship is very nice. Embarkation/Debarkation processes were extremely quick compare to Long Beach. If you were a VIP check in, you probably waited a bit longer than the normal cruiser. Our Stateroom was on Deck 10 Fwd and it quite large for a corner stateroom. The only disadvantage was when we had rough seas, you felt it and its also next to the room stewart closet where they fill their buckets up. Our Room stewart Hadu was the best.
Food was above average which was good, but on my last night I actually sent my mahi mahi back and asked for something else for which out waiter accomodated my request. We had anytime dining which is growing in popularity and this work out very well. We were treated to the singing waiter from the Philipines who I believe needs to team up with Ken the maitre D and do a duet on stage. Otherwise the dining experience was good with no real complaints. More Red Frog pub is must as the Amber Ale is grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeattt!
Entertainment wise, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the shows as they were not Carnival's best in my mind. The Punchliner comedy club was as always very funny. The main atrium where the lobby, photo gallery and fun shops are on decks 3,4 and 5 are typical and cramped with passengers which made getting around it challenging at times. I was also disappointed by the lack of an adult pool on board, but spent much time on the serenity deck in the hot tubs. The sports court, sky course, and water slides were alot of fun especially for this 52 yr old. There is always opinions on if people should take Carnival tours or do something on their own.
I booked a carnival tour and we were late getting back to the ship so they waited for us. This would not have been the case had I booked tours on my own. The itinerary was good Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Just wish Grand Cayman would build a pier. Would also prefer to dock in Ocho Rios as well. When i compare the magic to the splendor the magic wins in my my mind. Generally had a great time and a great cruise. yeah a few things could be better, but I know that Carnival will make them right. Less

Published 03/17/12

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 4J10206 Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Cabin was larger than expected but did not have couch as this was a corner room. Nice accomodations. And Carnival Magic has gone green in that you need to use your sail sign card to activate the interior lights. I found this to be a bit of a pain. My cabin stewart was awesome and the nightly towel daigns were fantastic. This was also an interior room with an obstructed view, but I could still see very clearly the bow and the ocean ahead of us. Very comfy room!

Read All Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views) (4J) Reviews >>
DADONTHERUN
Member Since 2007
3 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X