“Not impressed”

Viggy123
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First off I must say that the food and entertainment was very good. They had four different comediennes on the cruise and they were very good. They also had break dancers who also put on a great show. This was the first time we have tried an inside room and found it to be quite comfortable. On the negative side...This ship seems very hard and confusing to navigate around. For a Carnival ship, the pools are very small. We went with our entire family ( 28 ) and despite asking to be seated close together found ourselves separated. Two of our grandkids tried going to the kids club but gave up after 2 days. They are 11 & 12 years old. Several times the counselor just sent them up to upper decks to play games but did not travel with them. They were lost and had to ask strangers for directions to get back.( is there no supervision? ) I realize that this was a busy week but the buffet lines were terrible and it took forever to get an elevator. The next week we took a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and it was like day and night. Will not be back with Carnival!
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4C9340
The room size was ok and had adequate space for our luggage. Hallways seemed very narrow. We happen to be just below the pool area and it was very noisy every night around 12:30. ( I think it was the deck hands cleaning up the pool area.(moving chairs/lounges around)

I have heard so much about this place but I was extremely disappointed with it. We took a taxi around the city and found it unimpressive. Maybe the beach was ok but the city looks poor and far from quaint. I'll stay on the ship next time.
Read 2,062 Belize City Reviews
Jeep Tour
We did a jeep tour and cavern excursion and it was ok. We drove our own jeeps but we went for about 30 min. each way. The jeeps were 2007 and ran ok but the trip was hot. The cavern part was very interesting and the water was fabulous.
Published 03/17/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?