Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Viggy123: Not impressed

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Not impressed

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First off I must say that the food and entertainment was very good. They had four different comediennes on the cruise and they were very good. They also had break dancers who also put on a great show. This was the first time we have tried an inside room and found it to be quite comfortable.

On the negative side...This ship seems very hard and confusing to navigate around. For a Carnival ship, the pools are very small. We went with our entire family ( 28 ) and despite asking to be seated close together found ourselves separated.

Two of our grandkids tried going to the kids club but gave up after 2 days. They are 11 & 12 years old. Several times the counselor just sent them up to upper decks to play games but did not travel with them. They were lost and had to ask strangers for directions to get back.( is there no supervision? )

I realize that this was a busy week but the buffet lines were terrible and it took forever to get an elevator.

The next week we More took a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and it was like day and night. Will not be back with Carnival! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Vista 9340

The room size was ok and had adequate space for our luggage. Hallways seemed very narrow. We happen to be just below the pool area and it was very noisy every night around 12:30. ( I think it was the deck hands cleaning up the pool area.(moving chairs/lounges around)

I have heard so much about this place but I was extremely disappointed with it. We took a taxi around the city and found it unimpressive. Maybe the beach was ok but the city looks poor and far from quaint. I'll stay on the ship next time.

Jeep Tour

We did a jeep tour and cavern excursion and it was ok. We drove our own jeeps but we went for about 30 min. each way. The jeeps were 2007 and ran ok but the trip was hot. The cavern part was very interesting and the water was fabulous.

(5.5)