Island Princess Cruise Review by lkrcanada

Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: C318
See More About: Island Princess Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Island Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Princess Deck Plans
Wonderful ship
Recently returned from a cruise to the Panama Canal on board the Island Princess.

Embarkation was quite quick ... our cabin was ready for our arrival. Lots of storage space including room for my husbands golf clubs!

I asked for a foam piece for the bed as I did find it quite hard and the pillows flat.

Recently Princess has taken to having non smoking including balconies however I was disappointed at times to smell smoke early morning and evenings and of course it's impossible to tell where it is coming from. That is not the cruise line's fault as not all people adhere to respect and rules.

The only fault is that their anytime dining day one was chaos. Tons of people lined up .. nobody answering the reserve line so we went to Sabbatini's. I called afterwards and reserved the same time every night of 7:15. I would encourage all to do that if you want to ensure a seat. We were two but didn't mind sharing but I found that this worked best.

The ship is beautiful, clean and gleaming. But I cannot say enough about the staff. Amazing people, friendly, smiling. Made the experience wonderful.

We didn't do a lot of excursions but the train ride at Panama was lovely.

Organized a private tour with Lee Miles in Cartaghena with other CC people and really enjoyed it.

Loved all the activities on board. Even played scattergories!

Played and lost at the casino.

Food was very good and improved every day.

Make sure to hit the dining room for breakfast and lunches. Very nice and less noisy and crowded than the buffet upstairs.

Loungers are nice .. there were of course people reserving but I would just carry some up to the very top and was happy there.

Took advantage of the boot camp and spinning classes .. there was a fee but felt it was warranted to work off all the food!

So enjoy .. we really did.

Publication Date: 03/15/12