Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Explorer3514

Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Best Cruise I've Ever Been On! They got it all right!
Tampa was a good port to leave from. I liked it better than Miami & Ft. Lauderdale. It is a much smaller city. I would stay downtown close to the cruise port.

We were 4 women. One was 42, another 50, another 54 and another 62. We have all cruised before.

The food was very good and the service tremendous! We had the best waiters I've ever had. A special touch was a wandering magician who performed while one waited for dinner to be served. I wish they did that on all the ships. We used the dining anytime option but were always able to get into the section we wanted within a few minutes of whenever we arrived.

The gym in the front was very nice. It had lots of equiptment just like my gym at home. Free weights and machines were both available. I never had to wait on any of them. There was a hot tub for adults only in the gym area, and, my personal favorite: a live steam room. Many cruise lines charge extra for these but Carnival includes them. I really appreciate that.

I've seen tons of floor shows on cruises. They often are these elaborate things with screaming vocals from two main performers and some backup dancers running around the stages in what often appear to be frantic random actions designed, I guess, to show off all their skills in a short time.

The Legend dancers and singers were much different. First of all, there were 4 good lead singers with different styles. They didn't scream, they sang. There were more dancers than usual and their moves made sense with the music! Imagine that! Absolutely the best floor shows I've ever seen! Others could really learn from them.

Our rooms were connected balconies low in the boat and in the center. They were the usual rooms, nothing spectular but always clean.

We shopped in Grand Cayman. In Cozumel we took a taxi to a private beach south of the cruise port. I've been there before. It's picture perfect with white sand and palm trees. There is a large freshwater pool and resturant. The only problem is that the water is a little cold - too cold to go in to. My favorite thing to do in Cozumel is to go to Excaret, the national park on the mainland.

In Belize, we took the expanded Crystal River tube tour. I've taken the other one as well. Both are excellent, fun, and very memorable. Take one or other. If you've taken one, take the other. Also interesting is the Mayan ruins tour but that is a long day into Belize.

Finally, Roatan. I was there before the cruise lines built their own private city and beach. There isn't much there but old hippies from the 60's and poor food. The new area the cruise lines have created is much better. The shopping is good there and the beach is nice. It's great to have the beach right beside the dock. You can get back onboard anyime for a meal or an ice cream cone - or you can eat on the beach and pay.

The weather was absolutely beautiful with a calm sea the whole way.

It was perfect! I can find nothing to complain about. It was all we hoped it would be and more. We liked it so much that we may book the same ship & tour again next year.

Publication Date: 03/15/12