Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by SnowBird Cruzer: Very nice time

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Very nice time

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

We had a great time on the Voyager of the Seas (VOS). This was a series of firsts for us. First time using an internet travel agency, first time staying towards the front of the ship, first time visiting Jamaica and Grand Caymans. You can still have a lot of firsts when you have only cruised 3 previous times.
We had sailed on the VOS sister ship Adventure of the Seas in 2009, so the ship layout was similar. Still, we were always checking the ships maps the first few days.
The ship itself was very clean, very nice. It was all bright and shiny. Our room was very nice and our room steward did a great job. Yes, we only got 3 towel animals but I don't cruise for the towel animals.
The food was great. We ate dinner all but one night in the main dining room. We changed tables because we were at a table for 9 and were the only ones there after the first night. The second table was great. The service was excellent. I like a glass of milk with my dinner and the waiter More and asst made sure I had it right away.
The shows were good. There were two comedians on board we saw that were excellent. The Ice Show was fantastic! We missed that on the AOS and now I feel for not going to it. One of the Broadway shows was a little mystifying as they were paying a tribute to great Broadway composers (Gerswhin, Webber etc) but didn't do any of their most famous songs. I'm not a Broadway geek by any means, but I know a few songs from "West Side Story". It was a good show but not what I expected.
The staff kept us entertained all week and it took until Friday for me to win at trivia. I must be slipping.
The ports were great and the early arrival in New Orleans let us experience that city for the first time too. Boarding was one of the easiest I have had and our luggage appeared fairly quickly.
RCCL can't do anything about the weather so I won't hold the thunderstorm on Sunday against them. I've never gone through a thunderstorm at sea before. That was pretty cool.
My wife and I had a great time on the VOS. Too bad it's leaving for the Orient soon. Oh well, we are thinking our next cruise will be to Alaska anyway. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>