Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by kotik61: E. Caribbean Feb. 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

E. Caribbean Feb. 2012

Sail Date: February 2012

After reading some negative reviews,we were a bit apprehensive to cruise with Carnival but we were pleasantly surprised;The cabin was specious and clean,public spaces clean and well kept,staff courteous,very good service.There were quite a few hand sanitizers around.

There was a good variety of entertainment,my favorites:Ticket to Ride,Big Easy,the rock band and the pianist(Natallia?)

The buffet food was ok but repetitive.A little more variety and imagination could help a lot.I loved the Indian food(although I don't normally eat Indian food)spicy but good.My husband,which is a picky eater had a harder time than me.

My 9 year old enjoyed Camp Carnival but thought a bit more interesting activities could be added.

People do reserve pool chairs but around 8:30am there were still quite a few available.Anyway,I didn't hear anybody complaining.

Our room(6422) was above a disco or something like that so we could hear base sounds and vibrations until More around 12:30am.It didn't bother us at all but it might bother others.We found a different towel animal every night - a nice touch that we all appreciated.

The ship's decor consists of many patterns and colors- a bit crazy but definitely interesting.The cabin's decor is "normal" and very nice.

The ports of call were wonderful(we didn't like Nassau too much although Atlantis was o.k.Tortola was beautiful).We booked excursions on our own,cheaper than on board."Lawrence of Antigua"-very reliable and the Island Tour was very nice as well.Owns modern,spotless,a/c bus and van.In Tortola we took the open bus tour($20.00 per person)roads are very narrow and extremely steep but scenery is breathtaking.

We thought that the breakfast on the last day was a great idea-it made the transition between a wonderful ship and reality,easier.It also made us feel that no one tries to rid of us asap.On Royal Caribbean,although a great ship,we had to leave quite early and felt rushed.

Embarking took around 45-60 min.Disembarking very fast-no more than 15 min.

Over all we had a great cruise on a very nice ship!!! Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Upper 6422

6422 Base sounds and vibrations until 12:30am from below.Cabin is spacious,a lot of storage and nice decor.We loved the balcony.Close to rear elevators. A great room If noise doesn't bother you(I can't fall asleep without noise,so for me the room was perfect).