Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by scion: Changed not for the better

scion
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Changed not for the better

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I just returned from sailing the Freedom of The Seas. I sailed with this ship April 2010 and loved it.Since 2010 the ship has been made more child friendly with the addition of 3D movie and themes. I felt that the adult activities must have suffered a budget cut to off set cost to cater to the kids.
The food was plentiful and tasty but not gourmet. Our waiter and busboy were excellent. I was uncomfortable with them explaining how important and excellent score was for them. How humiliating for them to have such pressure to keep their jobs . On the pool deck waiters were in our face ever 10 minutes asking us if we were ready for another drink. This made it hard to enjoy a good book, snooze or just chat.The Olive Twist lounge is a great spot but here the staff as not attentive and the mixed drinks poorly made.

We enjoyed the rock climbing wall and Flo Rider. They both need to be open more and not closed when in port.

The entertainment was the same as 2 years ago More but felt less energetic.
We had made reservations for the ice show before leaving home.The first full day we had difficulty finding the ice rink and when we arrived they had given our seats away. My family and I attend Stretching, Yoga,Pilates and other spa classes. Some staff were cold and others came 30 minutes late to start the class.

I've been on 15 cruises and will have to say Freedom is not ship shape. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6

Chankanaab National Park Tour

(5.5)
This was my second time here and not my last. It is wonderful. We floated down an underground river. We saw sea turtles ,dolphins, mantees, birds, butterflies,tropical fish and beautiful flowers. This is the most well done park I have ever seen. I will return to Mexico just to return to Xcaret.

If get off the ship and shop at the port you have missed Jamaica. This is one of the most beautiful islands .This island has not yet been ruined.
Read 471 Falmouth Reviews

Grand Cayman is nothing to look at above the water. Treat yourself to sting ray city

The beach is nice. The area is being overbuilt.
Read 353 Labadee Reviews