“Changed not for the better”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

scion Freedom of the Seas 4 Changed not for the better
scion
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I just returned from sailing the Freedom of The Seas. I sailed with this ship April 2010 and loved it.Since 2010 the ship has been made more child friendly with the addition of 3D movie and themes. I felt that the adult activities must have suffered a budget cut to off set cost to cater to the kids. The food was plentiful and tasty but not gourmet. Our waiter and busboy were excellent. I was uncomfortable with them explaining how important and excellent score was for them. How humiliating for them to have such pressure to keep their jobs . On the pool deck waiters were in our face ever 10 minutes asking us if we were ready for another drink. This made it hard to enjoy a good book, snooze or just chat.The Olive Twist lounge is a great spot but here the staff as not attentive and the mixed drinks poorly made. We enjoyed the rock climbing wall and Flo Rider. They both need to be open more and not closed when in port. The entertainment was the same as 2 years ago but felt less energetic. We had made reservations for the ice show before leaving home.The first full day we had difficulty finding the ice rink and when we arrived they had given our seats away. My family and I attend Stretching, Yoga,Pilates and other spa classes. Some staff were cold and others came 30 minutes late to start the class. I've been on 15 cruises and will have to say Freedom is not ship shape.
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Chankanaab National Park Tour
This was my second time here and not my last. It is wonderful. We floated down an underground river. We saw sea turtles ,dolphins, mantees, birds, butterflies,tropical fish and beautiful flowers. This is the most well done park I have ever seen. I will return to Mexico just to return to Xcaret.
Port
If get off the ship and shop at the port you have missed Jamaica. This is one of the most beautiful islands .This island has not yet been ruined.
Read 794 Falmouth Reviews
Published 03/14/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?