“Australia Top End Cruise”
Cruise review of Celebrity Century

Jim Simpson Celebrity Century 0 Australia Top End Cruise
Jim Simpson
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I are regular cruisers with the mid range cruise lines e.g.Princess, P&O , NCL , Royal Caribbean and Disney but this was our first Celebrity cruise.It was also our first trip Australia. I have read some of the reviews and I am very surprised at their negative attitude. Of course not everything was perfect particularly the tendering arrangements however there were only two of these. I cannot understand why people are objecting to a 14$ return shuttle trip which took around 20 minutes. Other cruise lines have attempted to charge that amount just to get out of the port. The ship is obviously not in the first flush of youth but we found id to be scrupulously clean . There were always sun beds available complete with towels which did not need to be signed out. In my opinion the food was several notches better than their sister company Royal Caribbean provide . The dining surroundings and waiting staff were excellent. The food was on a par with Disney which is high praise in my opinion. They provided daily newspaper for Australians , Americans and Brits , something sadly lacking on RC ships. The entertainment , with the exception of a horrendously unfunny Australian " comedian " was excellent. Concert pianists , opera singers and concert violinist were provided along with 3 production shows. The ships cinema showed the wonderful The Help and the good Margin Call amongst others. They provided excellent port talks , an interesting espionage specialist and nature and environmental talks in the theatre in the afternoon. In addition they had the obligatory pool volleyball , bingo etc so I cannot understand previous comments about lack of daytime activity. There were 6 ports of call .Due to the distance to the towns it was cost effective to purchase shuttle transfers but this was only necessary twice and as previously stated i did not consider the cost excessive.The ports were interesting and although the high flying Australian Dollar made purchaes on the expensive side we enjoyed them very much. In conclusion we had a wonderful cruise with Celebrity and i will in future actively skke them out when booking cruises.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside Stateroom

Port
Visited the left bank with Brisbane wheel and Craft market. Beautiful riverside walks righ in the centre of the city. Very impressed.
Read 118 Brisbane Reviews
Port
As non scuba divers did not visit the Great Barrier Reff but town interesting and clean
Read 68 Cairns Reviews
Published 03/14/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Century Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?