Carnival Dream Cruise Review by JennLen: Great Time on the Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Time on the Dream

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I will write this review on a day by day basis. We drove into Cocoa Beach, Florida on the Friday before our cruise on Saturday. We stayed at La Quinta Inn. It was a nice one night stay, good pool, continental breakfast, and they had a park and cruise package that was very reasonable. The shuttle picked us up at 10:30 Saturday morning and we were at the port by 11:00.

Embarkation was very smooth. We were sitting on the Lido deck by 12:30. We had lunch at the buffet. I enjoyed the Burrito Bar and the Pasta Bar all week! Our stateroom was ready at 1:30.

The first day at sea began with very sunny weather, but by lunch it was pouring the rain. We made the best of it, though, and had our first lunch at the pasta bar. YUM! We also attended the Formal Dinner on the first sea day. The food was delicious every night in the dining room.

The entertainment on the ship was pretty typical. The Fun Force break dancers were very entertaining, make sure you see the More Dancing in the Streets show. We enjoyed the family friendly comedy shows as well.

Disembarking was a breeze. We did the self- assist where you take all of your luggage off yourself. If you are physically able to do this I would recommend it. We were off the ship and on our shuttle by 7:30.

Overall, my family and I had a wonderful experience on the Dream. It is a large ship, but it was not difficult for any of us to navigate and there were never any extremely long lines at the buffet. Just remember, don't expect to not have to stand in line when you decide to eat at peak hours such as 8:00 for breakfast, 12:00 for lunch, or 6:30 for dinner. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Vista 9224

We stayed in room 9224 on the Dream. It was a typical stateroom, but it was very quiet. The balcony was nice; we had an adjoining balcony with my husband's brother and his family. I would recommend this room to anyone.

We booked the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins excursion through Island Marketing in Belize City. I had read that this was one port where you wanted to book an excursion, and I agree now that I have been there. There is not much to see or do right at the port. The reason we booked a private tour was because the identical tour was sold out through Carnival. Not only did we save $20 per person through IM, but they were also very professional and made sure we were back to the port with plenty of time to spare. Our tour guide, Manuel (M & M) was great! He made sure we got in front of the HUGE Carnival group so that we wouldn't have to follow them when we climbed the ruins. It is a long bus ride, but it was well worth it when we got to the ruins.

This port is fairly new and has a large pool and a nice beach with plenty of lounge chairs. We just did some shopping here then swam in the pool and lounged at the beach for a couple of hours before getting back on the boat.

Our first port was Cozumel, and we took a taxi to Paradise Beach for the day. The weather still wasn't perfect, but we enjoyed the beach, water toys, and pool. It costs $2 per person to rent a beach chair with an umbrella, then $12 additional to use the water toys and snorkeling.
Read 3104 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
This was a beautiful port. We booked the Maya Key Beach Break with snorkeling and lunch through Carnival. It was a great excursion. We had to wait on the boat to take us to the island, but it was worth it when we got there. The beach was large and had plenty of shade, the pool was nice, and the snorkeling was amazing. The lunch was delicious. They also have an animal sanctuary that my kids really enjoyed. I would recommend doing an excursion at this port because although the beach at the port was nice, it was extremely crowded! And we were the only ship there that day. I can't imagine how crowded it would be if more than on ship were there on the same day! The shopping there was very good as well.
Read 1645 Roatan Reviews