Celebrity Summit 3

“Mixed review from an experienced cruiser new to Celebrity”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

Oceanchick
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

This was my seventh cruise, last 5 were with Holland America (HAL). We decided to try Celebrity after reading several reviews that the crowd was younger and livelier and that the food was better.

YOUNGER... Maybe a little. But we sail HALs newer ships. So not much different.

LIVELIER... Yes. The live music was better, more abundant, and definitely more authentic. (Latin and Caribbean.) some very corny crew shows took up too much dance time for my taste, but the crowd seemed to enjoy them.

FOOD BETTER..... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! I was VERY disappointed with the food quality on Celebrity. I was with large group and all who had been sailed HAL, agreed the food was not up to par. Especially the fish and seafood, it was of poor quality and/or overcooked. Of note
, we all agreed the buffet food was pretty good And the ice cream. The service was good and friendly. But again not as good as HAL's.

Bars/drinks.... The bars were very nice, especially the More martini bar and cellar master. But I ordered a mojito one night and it was awful. Cocktails are better on HAL.

Entertainment... Shows were good and fun. The Aerialists really were amazing (slight edge to Celeb.)

Kids... The kids enjoyed the kid program. However the teen lounge was closed for renovation. My son was very disappointed, as we were told he would finally be old enough. Also the shallow pool was closed much of the trip, no explanation provided, forcing the kids in the deep pool Less

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

1B
Cabin was standard, if a bit small for category. Despite claims of being completely refurbished, bathroom had mold throughout tile floor and shower. Bathroom was tiny and had a Problem with sewer odor on most days. Otherwise room was OK.

Snorkeling
Trunk bay....Wonderful beach, but not enough time

Published 03/14/12

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?