Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by workingcinderellaman: Norwegian Epic

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Epic

Sail Date: March 2012

I recently cruised to the Easter Caribbean aboard the Epic withe my wife and three teen kids. This was my second cruise, the first being to the Mexican Riviera. The most obvious aspect of the Epic is how large it is. We were sailing in semi-rough seas and the motion was not that bad. I think this was due to the Epic's size. Also, the entertainment and amenities onboard was excellent. The shows were up to par with Las Vegas entertainment as we had The Blue Man Group, a Cirque du Soleil dinner show and Legends In Concert as well as a great comedian and the Second City comedy club. There was a blues lounge that was loads of fun. The Epic also has two bowling allies as well as plenty of bars and lounges as well as two giant TVs for watching movies, one inside and one on the stern of the ship. There were also three waterslides with one of them a giant funnel that mu kids really liked.
I was told before my cruise that the food on NCL is not as good as other cruise lines and comparing More this to the only other cruise line I've used (Carnival) I can verify this to a very small degree. However, the food was very good and I was pleasantly surprised. There were plenty of cover charge options including a Brazilian Steak house and a Teppanyaki Japanese steakhouse as well as other options. Overall I would say the food on the ship was very good.
The hospitality was good as well and NCL treated all of us who were cruising together very nice.
The only negative criticism I would give the Epic was in room design. The ship has more than its share of balcony suites which is nice, but I think that the modern design of the rooms with curvy walls, while creating a nice aesthetic effect, produced a somewhat crampy living space. This wasn't that bad, but the placement of the toilet and shower in separate corners of the room with thin glass doors and a curtain for privacy was the worst part. We all dealt with it and it really wasn't that big of a deal for us but it could be for some. The incredible entertainment and ample amenities more than made up for the lack of privacy while using the toilet.
I would definitely sail on the Epic again and I highly recommend it. Less