“I'll always remember my first”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

tragone Freedom of the Seas 5 I'll always remember my first
tragone
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
As a first time cruiser, I was excited at the prospect of a new and wonderful experience. Although we live in NY, my wife and I decided to fly to Florida to sail on the Freedom, based in part on the many reviews I read...Gladly, I was not dissapointed. Accommodations: After embarking, we checked into our stateroom (room 6654), which was surprisingly roomy. The view from the balcony was spectacular. Dining: My wife and I decided on the 8:30 dinner seating, and we used to main dining room all 7 nights. We enjoyed trying multiple appetizers, entries and desserts each night. Our Head Waiter Ramood,Waiter Julijana and assistant waiter Canny were friendly and genuine. Both Julijana and Canny took time getting to know us, so much so that by the end of our trip we had exchanged contact info so we can keep in touch. The food was for the most part delicious, and the variety good. There was ample amounts of seafood and steak, plus a variety of styles. For breakfast and lunch, the windjammer was solid if not spectacular, offering many items to chose from. Activities: One of the highlights for my wife and I were the number of shows and activities that Freedom had to offer. Some of the highlights: Illusionist Drew Thomas, Motown group Spectrum, Freedom on Ice and the Rock Britania. Also, the Quest scavenger hunt game was a trip to play. By far, cruise director Graham Seymoure was one of the biggest highlights. Graham had us in stitches during his stand-up routine, and he was a great MC for just about all of the ships shows and events including his daily morning show on the ships cable channel. Pools: We spent alot of time on deck 11 (pool deck). We mostly stayed in the adult pool and it was generally quieter there. The adult hot tubs were always on, as i usually fancied a late late late night dip. General thoughts: overall I was extremely pleased by the amenities, accommodations and service. After a rough first day at sea, the waters were pretty calm and it hardly felt as though we were moving. The staff were friendly and helpful, and were there for any questions that happened to arise. My wife and I have decided to book again in April
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

We stayed in balcony stateroom, cabin 6654, which was port side near the main dining room. The room itself was rather spacious and very well kept. There was a septic smell occasionally but it thankfully did not linger for long. The views from the balcony were spectacular, especially in port.

Chankanaab National Park Tour
we opted for the zip lining and snorkeling at Adventure Park. While the snorkeling was great, the zip lines were a waste of time and money as they were way too short. The beach at this resort was great, and so were the margaritas.
Port
It was raining when we arrived in Falmouth, so instead of heading off to the beach, we stayed in the port area, enjoying the shops and red stripe beer.
Read 795 Falmouth Reviews
Port
We rented water mats and spent the day at the private beach. While the water was warm, the wind picked up and made it difficult to stay at the beach, with most people leaving early. The food was good if unspectacular.
Read 852 Labadee Reviews
Published 03/12/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?