Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by tragone

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

I'll always remember my first
As a first time cruiser, I was excited at the prospect of a new and wonderful experience. Although we live in NY, my wife and I decided to fly to Florida to sail on the Freedom, based in part on the many reviews I read...Gladly, I was not dissapointed.

Accommodations:

After embarking, we checked into our stateroom (room 6654), which was surprisingly roomy. The view from the balcony was spectacular.

Dining:

My wife and I decided on the 8:30 dinner seating, and we used to main dining room all 7 nights. We enjoyed trying multiple appetizers, entries and desserts each night. Our Head Waiter Ramood,Waiter Julijana and assistant waiter Canny were friendly and genuine. Both Julijana and Canny took time getting to know us, so much so that by the end of our trip we had exchanged contact info so we can keep in touch.

The food was for the most part delicious, and the variety good. There was ample amounts of seafood and steak, plus a variety of styles.

For breakfast and lunch, the windjammer was solid if not spectacular, offering many items to chose from.

Activities:

One of the highlights for my wife and I were the number of shows and activities that Freedom had to offer. Some of the highlights: Illusionist Drew Thomas, Motown group Spectrum, Freedom on Ice and the Rock Britania. Also, the Quest scavenger hunt game was a trip to play. By far, cruise director Graham Seymoure was one of the biggest highlights. Graham had us in stitches during his stand-up routine, and he was a great MC for just about all of the ships shows and events including his daily morning show on the ships cable channel.

Pools:

We spent alot of time on deck 11 (pool deck). We mostly stayed in the adult pool and it was generally quieter there. The adult hot tubs were always on, as i usually fancied a late late late night dip.

General thoughts:

overall I was extremely pleased by the amenities, accommodations and service. After a rough first day at sea, the waters were pretty calm and it hardly felt as though we were moving. The staff were friendly and helpful, and were there for any questions that happened to arise. My wife and I have decided to book again in April

Publication Date: 03/12/12