Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by odaly: Fantastic!

odaly
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Western Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic!

Sail Date: March 2012

The ship isn't as large as others I've been on, but there were fantastic public areas and friendly service.

When we arrived, we were greeted with Mimosas--for free! Nice touch. Staff on the ship was friendly and helpful.

The choices in the dining room were great. They even served a full-sized lobster one of the nights. This is something many of the cruise lines have done away with.

If I have a complaint it is with the bar staff. They were slow and at times hard to find (and I'm not a huge drinker). That said, love the two-for-one offers on the pool deck.

Our stateroom and the attendant was great. I expected a worn out room since we were on the bottom floor, but it wasn't. It was in great shape and the attendant didn't disappoint. It was like magic. We'd leave and come back to a magically made up room. However, this line (or this attendant) doesn't make towel animals. Bummer.

We sailed on a sailing with lots of spring breakers, but More from other years of experience, it was nothing like what we've experienced on other ships.

We had our two boys 15 & 16 with us. Club Xtreme was not something they looked forward to before arriving, but they were hooked the first night. The activities kept them entertained and looking forward to another trip.

I would sail Celebrity again. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Oceanview Stateroom Vista Deck (7) 2105

The cabin was in great shape. The accent pieces were a little discolored (too many washes I suppose). I was impressed with the shower stall, it was bigger than I'm used to.

I've been to Cozumel many times. I enjoy the posted prices at the port and other than the first time, I usually head right to the beach on arrival. Unlike other times, this time we decided to hire a cab for the Mayan Ruins and Beach tour ($90 for up to 4 people). Unfortunately, for the first time, we almost got ripped off. Our driver offered a 'Tequila Tour'. The tour wasn't bad. We enjoyed it. We even bought some tequila. We turned down the downtown shopping. We've done it before and I just wanted to get to the ruins and the beach. We went to the Mayan Ruins (San Gervasio Ruins). We had an hour there. Then we took what seemed like the long way to the beach. He stopped for us to take pictures on the ocean side where there was a small market. All was well so far. When we got back in the car the driver proceeds to tell us we have exhausted the time we hired him for and we would owe him and additional $40 to return (we didn't even ask about how much more for the beach). I know the language and proceeded to argue with him. That was not our deal. Our deal was the the ruins and the beach and never asked for the other stops. He owed us the beach. We got our beach in the end. NEVER, EVER pay these people in advance. They are dishonest and will leave you behind. In fact, other than going to the beach or the downtown for shopping, I will never do anything on my own in Cozumel again. Buy the excursion from the ship.
Read 3123 Cozumel Reviews

I didn't buy an excursion. When we got off the vessel we haggled with the drivers and the best we could do for a ride to the beach was $10 per person. Unfortunately, none would take us where we wanted to go--Sandy Bay Beach. They said it was 'under construction'. They took us to the apparent only beach on the island, West End Beach. It was scenic and pretty but extremely crowded. One convenience, you could buy just about anything from your beach towel. It is a beautiful island, but they need to work on how to treat their tourism. They seem to be using less than a tenth of their island.
Read 1651 Roatan Reviews