Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by coordinator23: A great stress reliever

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A great stress reliever

Sail Date: March 2012

Last cruised Navigator around 6 years ago. She is still as fresh and beautiful as I remember her. We had a aft cabin on the "edge" of the ship. I panicked when I first entered the room and saw a porthole then I discovered a door hidden by the curtain. While we were disappointed by the triangular shaped "patio" which was half the expected space, it accommodated us just fine. The stateroom attendant kept the room clean and the ice bucket full. She treated us like we were suite guests or family - always asking if there was anything else she " coupon, it ran around $17-18 for Lunch. We ate at Chops on our last night. What an absolutely fantastic restaurant! On par with a 4-5 star steak house. Well worth the price. Easily double or triple the price in Chicago area for the quality of the food.
Guitar player on board provided the best entertainment. The Three Tenors show was the best, but wear ear plugs if you go to this show. The last thing those powerful voices need is a More mic. We finally had to leave toward the end. Extremely talented voices but my ears are still recovering. (Think very loud rock band type experience)
Ports were great. San Juan has improved a lot over the years. We walked to Barrinchina's so my husband could have a Pina Colada at it's birth place and did some minor shopping. There is a free trolly to get around, but we didn't use it. The walking is not difficult.
St. Kitts was nice. It was our second time there. First time did the Sugar Train excursion (still HIGHLY recommend) and this time we went on the tour that went to the fort and the Batik factory.Both were worth while, historical sites. The batik factory is actually located in Thomas Jefferson's great Or great-great grandfathers home. The grounds are beautiful. The fort is HUGE and amazing. I would recommend this tour.
St. Maartin was a disappointment. Since they have located shops on the pier, the downtown area has declined. We walked around downtown for awhile. Mostly jewelry stores and taverns. For beach lovers - two chairs, an umbrella and to floats for $15 is a good deal. Nice beach.
Labadee is not as nice as it used to be. We settled along a long stretch of rocky beach with strong waves. The nice beach I remember is gone. Perhaps the suite cabanas are located there. The area is much larger than it was several years ago. I think I actually liked tendering in better (gasp!). The long, shadeless walk down the hot pier is almost not worth it. They do have a large market area which we discovered on the tram ride around the area at the end of our day. They had many interesting items there from what I saw from the tram. (and they're not made in China) Lunch was ok.
One of the best parts of the cruise was getting together with other Diamond members,swapping stories/getting suggestions for port activities and future cruises. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 9390

9390 - Aft cabin on the edge of the ship. Small closet, compact room. Port Hole and standard door. No sliding door. Pie shaped balcony still held two lounge chairs. The cabin next to ours had two lounge chairs and two standard chairs (for comparison). Great water pressure in shower and sink for being at the very end of the boat. Overall a very nice quiet room. Can still see the wake of the boat. Has a love seat, not a full size sofa. If you're looking for the whole aft size balcony room, pick another room. As in all aft cabins, a hike to the main elevators. Buffet two floors up next to elevators, dining rooms a few floors down next to elevators. "Quiet" end of the ship.

Take the tram over to the market area for shopping for unique gifts. There was a small, decent looking sandy beach near the floating kids park ($$ for a short time in the park)
Read 353 Labadee Reviews

I have taken the island tour in the past. When we go back to this port later this year, we plan to go over to the French side to explore. The shopping in town is not very good since the pier has been developed. Overall the ports have lost their charm as these cookie cutter pier shops have multiplied.