“A review like all Epic reviews”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

gbatts2 Norwegian Epic 5 A review like all Epic reviews
gbatts2
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Embarkation/disembarkation was quick and easy. We used the express walk off and was off in 10 minutes including customs!

Entertainment is where NCL shines, before this cruise I would say Allure of the Seas entertainment was unique and the best, now I will say Epic has the best. Blue Man was great, Cirque Dreams was great, Murder Mystery Lunch was fun, Second City was awesome (there are multiple types, 18+,sketch,improv) to see. My wife loved the Legends in Concert show. Howl at the Moon was fun. You can not beat their entertainment.

Stateroom well read other reviews they are all the same and true, toilet glass curved and hit my knee when door closed, shower was fine, sink was not as big an issue as some made it out to be. The problem I experienced was the inability to pass wife in cabin around bed, it is just too narrow where your wife will be getting ready. If you are over 6 foot your feet will be off the bed, wasn't comfortable for me(6ft). Reading light was nice addition, adequate space for clothes, best hairdryer on a ship I have seen. Acceptable room but not great. My wife complained about lack of TV options, favorites shows,ESPN and one movie channel otherwise news and ship info channels.

Food was fine not great not bad, wife didn't like variety in MDR. Did enjoy Teppenyaki twice, get the scallops! O Sheehans food mundane but free.Options plentiful but they charge for them.

Public Rooms no issues here casino was not that smokey, they do make big effort to keep you sanitized everywhere including elevators which have hand sanitizer.

Service was good not exceptional, although I enjoyed not sitting long in MDR for dinner the waiters seemed rushed to get people in and out. We never stayed longer than an hour for dinner usually 45 minutes.

In review the ship is all you read in these reviews, if you want great entertainment go for sure. They call it freestyle cruising but it should be called feestyle on this ship. I wanted to check out ice bar but 20 dollars for 2 drinks in a 17 degree bar, come on! No one stayed longer than 15 minutes. This was my first NCL cruise and I would go again if the price was right, I love the resort casual, eat when you want aspect, being nickeled and dimed not so much.

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Balcony

B513004
13004 family balcony near bridge, one less closet due to adjoining door for cabin next door, quite ,near garden buffet and elevators
Published 03/12/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?