Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Ranthos: Nowegian Sun is the ship!

Ranthos
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Nowegian Sun is the ship!

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Other

This was quite the adventure we took Amtrak Down from Syracuse NY which if you have the time is the way to go nice and relaxing with a view. Went to Cocoa Beach Comfort Inn and Suites for a large room for two nites then shuttle to the cruise ship the morning of the cruise.

Travel to and Embarkation was fast fairly seamless. The First thing that struck me about the NCL Sun was how it shined top to bottom. The ship is one of NCL's Smallest and I think that adds to its charm everything seemed a short walk away even though the ship was sold out, other than the buffet line inside at lunch nothing seemed to crowded.

Our Ocean View room was perfect for our purpose and plenty of storage to move all our belongings out of site. The bathroom was not fancy but very functional. We were on deck 6A and it had to be quietest floor on the ship. Our room attendant was helpful and did an excellent job.

On Entertainment we saw one of the shows "we will Rock you was very More good. In the Dazzles lounge the band solplay was outstanding, the first nite I think there was one other couple there but by the end of the cruise the place was packed 'Kenyetta Hardaway Chester' the female vocalist for the band was flat out outstanding, her renditions brought her a few standing ovations.

As far as the food, we ate breakfast and lunch mostly in one of the 3 or 4 buffet lines on the top deck the waffles and Omelets were good and made to order in front of you. My wife loved the lox every day for breakfast. For dinner we ate late in one of the two main dining rooms and I have to say the food was great and if the special of the night wasn't to your liking you had a choice of Strip or rib eye steak or an excellent Salmon. If you are a vegetarian there is pleanty for you to choose from. Everything was served pleasantly with style and pleasantly. I will be bias here we love Freestyle Dining.

As for the ports:
Nassau -- been there before and was a good time at Senior Frogs.
St Thomas - good for shopping beach was ok which is why it was our least favorite stop
San Juan -- a nice old city to walk around in and take in the sites
Grand Stirrup Cay -- the best beach I have been at on any cruise -- Weather was 80 and sunny and no wind! I like this private island,

Disembarkation: We took the express disembarkation and that went well

In summary we thought maybe Cruising was getting old for us but this was probably our best Cruise to date so we are Going to keep going! Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun 6223

6223 Ocean View on floor 6A Quietest floor on the ship. Great view, Storage space is more than adequate. BAthroom very functional not fancy. room shined