Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by oolietwo

Member Name: oolietwo
Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Best 10 Days of Our Lives!
I always find these reviews helpful so I feel I should do my share in providing a review as well. We had the most wonderful cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. We picked this cruise mainly because of the Ports of call - many we haven't seen before. I'll elaborate on a few topics below:

Dining: We dined mainly in the Venetian. Found the menu to be varied and tasty each night. The only specialty restaurant we did was Bamboo because I'm on this Asian kick lately. It was wonderful. The wait staff were so friendly and we never felt "hurried" as I've read in other reviews. One negative: Their pancakes and waffles have much to be desired. We never at the buffet as I don't care for buffets. We always did breakfast in the Venetian and it was always good - minus the pancakes and waffles of course.

Fitness Center - When we cruised Princess last year I didn't like the fitness center. I loved the Dawn's fitness center. My hubby and I vowed each day we would make a point of it and stuck with it. We also made sure to walk on the promendade each day. Six times around is nearly two miles. This will really help in keeping the weight down, which is already difficult on a cruise. I highly recommend that.

Entertainment - I know a thing or two about the entertainment industry and please believe me...this ship knows what they are doing. I've heard some singers on other ships that would sometimes make you cringe. Most of these folks could be professional. The sound and acoustics in the Stardust was great. You will really enjoy each night's perfomances.

Excursions: We did the beach day on the Dom Republic, ATV ride around St. Marteen. There were only 6 riders so it was great. Beautiful island. Did the catamaran ride to Jost Van Dyke - one of the most beautiful and serene Caribbean beaches I ever have seen. Did the zipline in Barbados. The group was too large - maybe 30 - so most of the time it was just waiting. I've done it once and probably won't again. I thought it would be a little more thrilling. The pirate ship/snorkel on Antigua was a blast. The hosts make sure you have a great time. We didn't do an excursion on St. Kitts. I've read that the port shopping is great. It was. Spent probably 3 hours shopping. The island is beautiful.

Stateroom - We had a balcony and we found the room to be smaller than on Carnival and Princess. It was layed out odd where my husband and I seemed to always run into each other. But the flip side of that is that it's by far the best bathroom on any ship. Good water pressure, hot water and larger size shower. We always seem to luck out with great cabin stewards. Everyone is so friendly on the ship and always trying to make sure your needs are met and you are happy happy happy!

I do applaud Norwegian for the importance in handwashing. Way to go!

We will for sure be back to Norwegian as we loved the free style cruising. I can only hope you enjoy your vacation half as much as we did. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Publication Date: 03/12/12