Ventura Cruise Review by John Davison: A little bit disappointed

Overall Member Rating

A little bit disappointed

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Barbados

Flights were excellent and on time
Cabin was excellent and our luggage arrived in good time
We were looked after very well by Simon and Avelino

The Ports visited were very good although we were disappointed there had been no changes since last year for the Newcastle flight. But we knew this before we booked so no complaints.

Overall we felt the staff were not as good as previous cruises and that is despite the fact we were extremely well looked after by Karen at breakfast in the White Room. She always made us feel so very welcome and gave us the lift to enjoy the rest of the day! There were 4 in our party as our two adult daughters were with us. The breakfast was not up to the expected standard.

Apart from the Beach House the food elsewhere was certainly not up to the standard we expected and had 'gone back' considerably from the same time last year! A couple of the waiters were 'unreal'- I was a bit slow with eating my Prawn Cocktail and the waiter More tried to take my dish away despite the fact that I still had my spoon in my hand. When I told him to wait, he countered that my main course had arrived. Indeed it had, but the sole was inedible!

We were Saturday to Saturday bookings and on the Friday night there was no entertainment. The films on our TV's had been removed. No 'paper' on the Saturday - No puzzles (needed the answers for the Fridays crossword!). We definitely were 'not wanted"!' It was the Friday night that the waiter virtually told me to hurry up eating my prawn cocktail. I have to add that the rest of our table were amused at this. It last happened to me over 70 years ago when I was in the infants classes at School

In my experience the Azura beats the Ventura by a considerable margin Less

Published 03/12/12

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review >>

Compare Prices on Ventura Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: ADA750 Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

I don't think we'll go on P & O again - certainly not on the Ventura. The holiday hasn't put us off cruising, but think we'll try another line or perhaps a return to the (perfect for my daughter and me) Azura

Read All Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower (AD) Reviews >>

Another lovely and friendly island (as they all are!)
Read 1051 Antigua Reviews

WE took a tour from outside the Port and enjoyed what we saw.
Read 1015 Aruba Reviews

No comment - nothing bad about the Island!!!
Read 324 Bonaire Reviews

A beautiful island! The locals here are exceptionall friendly and helpful. We took a taxi and paid avisit to the most interesting rain forests
Read 606 Dominica Reviews

A clean island and interesting. Took a private tour and found it interesting
Read 1414 Grand Turk Reviews

Took a private tour and what we saw we enjoyed - particularly the rain forest near Ocho Rios

Beautiful - friendly locals. I would recommend a longer relaxing visit to St Lucia.
Read 1003 St. Lucia Reviews

Excellent place and an island we would like to visit for a longer period

Compare Prices on Ventura Eastern Caribbean Cruises

John Davison
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X