Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by cruisecrazy02: Carnival Miracle March 1 to 9 2012

cruisecrazy02
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle March 1 to 9 2012

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our 4th cruise all with Carnival and our second time on the Miracle for an 8 day cruise to the southern caribbean.
Embarkation was fast and easy. We arrived at the cruise port at approximately 11:00am and were checked into and the ship at around 11:45am. We were clearly told that the room wouldn't be ready until 1:30pm and lunch was being served on the lido deck.
We proceeded to lunch, and waited for our room to be ready. At exactly 1:30 the doors were opened and our room was ready. We knew what to expect from our room because we had been on the Miracle before with a balcony.
We were able to check out the Serenity deck for some of the afternoon and it was quite comfy with the padded loungers and so forth. After a couple of hours in the sun we headed to our room at around 4:45 and our luggage was ready by our door. After unpacking, we got ready for dinner in tnr Bachus dining room. We were late seating.
Travelling with just my husband and I we were More unsure of how we would be seated. This was our first experience at a table for 8 and I actually enjoyed it. The other three couples were around my same age and it made conversation easy. The only downfall was that we were to the side in the back room of the dining room, almost in a separate room and it was always cold. We were unable to see the main/large dining room,
Our server was Nyomen (Newman) and he was fantastic.
We were not disappointed at all with our meals, however the night I had the turkey dinner, it was served barely warm, not hot at all. We found that there was a lack of seasoning used too...seemed to have to add some sort of seasoning, i.e. pepper to my meals. I do like the new menu choices.
We had one sea day then our four ports and two more sea days.
Chair savers were out in full force very early. My husband went out at around 8 after I got back from the gym and we were able to get the last two chairs on the lido deck by the stage. We prefer not to be that close to the stage at it is usually loud but we managed :). We also like being on deck 10 for laying in the sun, but it was too windy.
We had our drink guy....Komang who was great at serving us all cruise long, it seemed no matter where we went, good personal touch and he actually took time to ask us questions about where we lived, etc and stood and talked in the hallways as he greeted us both by our first names with handshakes.
I have to say that the gym equipment has been all upgraded since my last Miracle trip in 2010 and it was great! All hybrid machines and very easy to use.
Ports were good, we chose this cruise because we hadn't been to these ports yet. More on ports later.
Before dinner, we would always go to the atrium lounge and have a drink before dinner. This is a great spot to sit and relax.
We watched most shows in the theatre, except for the 'Ticket to Ride' show, although heard it was good. The marriage game didn't disappoint ... Truly funny.
kererokee with the band was great, but it seemed that the kererokee seemed disjointed, in different lounges and stuff. The host, Chris was great!
The new comedy shows are good. We saw four different comedians.
I have to sat that I was a little disappointed in the entrainment crew. Our CD was Malcolm 'in the middle' and while he is very funny, the rest of the crew lacks a little humour. The assistant CD Brandon is a great singer...we sang a Guns N' Roses song at the deck party and he sounded awesome. I jut didn't see Malcolm around very much.
Disembarkation was simple and easy and we were able to get off the ship at just after 8:00. We were in no rush to get off as we were spending the day in Florida and flying out the next day. we always do self-assist.
Overall, I had a great time. I don't depend on others to make my vacation enjoyable, that's up to me and I truly enjoyed this cruise. I am sad to see the Miracle leave the southern Caribbean route.
One last complaint though.... I found my balcony a little dirty. There was dirt and some hair in the white catch drain. Also, I found that the anchors that are on the wall above the lido deck was getting to be a little old and dusty. The ship wasn't as clean as I remembered it being, but still a great ship, crew. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Panorama 8241

Good balcony, you can hear the other balcony door closing, which is loud, but really can't be helped unless people hold doors unless they close gently. Two large hanging closets and o e with four shevles. There is additional three drawers and to another double cupboard.

We were in port from 12:00pm to 11:30pm. Picture perfect day other than the wind! Wow was it windy! We wanted to go to Eagle beach, which we did... In a taxi for 5.00 per person one way. It is about a 7 minute taxi ride. Chair rental was 5.00 per chair, although I think there was other chairs there for Public use. Unfortunately, it was so windy that we got sand-blasted on the Beach. The beach is huge...very wide with lots of room, not crowded at all. We stayed there for about 2hours and then took another taxi....just stand on the sidewalk and a taxi will come by. It was 4.00 per person back to the ship. The taxi driver said that it is starting to be the windy season in Aruba, but today was exceptionally windy. We loved the shopping, lots and lots of stores, outdoor market, etc and very friendly. Because we were there over dinner, we asked the taxi driver where to go and she suggested Driftwood. We went back to the ship, got ready and headed back out to go for dinner. Driftwood was about a 7 minute walk from the ship. It was packed when we got there and it only took us 15 minutes to get our table. Driftwood also operates a fishing charter so the catch of the day is what was caught on the charter that morning. There was grouper and swordfish. After a glass of wine, one appetizer, one bowl of soup, two main courses, the total bill was 79.00....all in all it was a great meal for the price which we felt was totally reasonable.. We walked back to the ship after dinner and felt totally safe. I do have to say that most shopping closes between 5 and 6pm.
Read 686 Aruba Reviews

Loved this port. We had decided to go to Cabana beach. There were a lot of taxi drivers wanting to take you wherever you wanted just as you were heading off the ship, it was a little overwhelming. It is cheaper to have the taxi full. Taxi driver took us to Cabana beach, which is also a beach resort.the taxi ride was 5.00 per person one way. Once there, it cost 3.00 pp to get into cabana beach and 15.00 for a padded double Lounger. It was a hot sunny day and we enjoyed the day. The water was great, warm and very refreshing. A stroll on the beach to the left found that there were other places along the way that was renting chairs, etc. I didn't inquire sbout those costs. Lunch was good as well. For two meals, two drinks, it was 25.00 which we felt we felt was totally reasonable. We left the beach in time to get back to the ship. There is a lot of shopping, etc but we didn't check it out. Again, great pictures from the ship, very colorful buildings.
Read 503 Curacao Reviews

We rented a golf cart from Nathan for $80 to tour the island ad we wanted to see the island and not just stay st Margaritaville. We enjoyed our day. It was hot and sunny, the golf cart had very little brakes, but we managed. The lighthouse was cool to see and should be seen to get some of the history of the island. On our way back, we stopped at different places...found this really awesome stretch of beach totally undisturbed. We spent an hour there and it was so peaceful. You could see the ship from the beach. We stopped at Jack's Shack for lunch. We each had a beer, and I and chicken and fries and DH had sausage and fries and lunch was $30.00. Great beach. We when got back to the port, dropped off the golf cart and did some shopping, really nice port. We checked out Margaritaville and it was very busy. We talked with some other people that stayed on th each there and they said it wad rocky which made it hard to swim. We didn't check out the water/beach there. there is really no downtown area, it's renting a golf cart, pedal bike or jeep to tour around or staying at the port for Grand Turk. The view of the island is beautiful from the ship.

Not much to do unless you want to go on an excursion or stay on ship as the port area is not developed. The view from the ship is beautiful, the coastline where the ship docks is rocky and the waves slapping against the shoreline is very nice. We got an all inclusive day pass to Dreams resort in La Romana. The taxi ride was $9 per person per way even though we had six people in the taxi all going to the same place. The taxi ride was about 25 minutes. We prearranged with the taxi driver to pick us up at 3:30 -and sure enough he was there at 3:15. Sot taxi total per person to go there and back was $18. At the gate to the resort, the security guard wanted to keep my passport until we left the resort... There was no way I was surrendering my passport. He did give it back to me and was making a phone call and we were let in. The staff was great at the desk...we were provided with all resort amenities except having a room for $60 per person. The beach was crowded...lots do chairs and we didn't have a problem finding chairs to use. We did go to one of the two pools and lounged there as well and it was a hot, relaxing day. We had lunch at the hamburg stand at the beach and the buns were really fresh...great hamburgers too!