Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by cruisecrazy02

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by cruisecrazy02
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: cruisecrazy02
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8F
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Miracle March 1 to 9 2012
This was our 4th cruise all with Carnival and our second time on the Miracle for an 8 day cruise to the southern caribbean.

Embarkation was fast and easy. We arrived at the cruise port at approximately 11:00am and were checked into and the ship at around 11:45am. We were clearly told that the room wouldn't be ready until 1:30pm and lunch was being served on the lido deck.

We proceeded to lunch, and waited for our room to be ready. At exactly 1:30 the doors were opened and our room was ready. We knew what to expect from our room because we had been on the Miracle before with a balcony.

We were able to check out the Serenity deck for some of the afternoon and it was quite comfy with the padded loungers and so forth. After a couple of hours in the sun we headed to our room at around 4:45 and our luggage was ready by our door. After unpacking, we got ready for dinner in tnr Bachus dining room. We were late seating.

Travelling with just my husband and I we were unsure of how we would be seated. This was our first experience at a table for 8 and I actually enjoyed it. The other three couples were around my same age and it made conversation easy. The only downfall was that we were to the side in the back room of the dining room, almost in a separate room and it was always cold. We were unable to see the main/large dining room,

Our server was Nyomen (Newman) and he was fantastic.

We were not disappointed at all with our meals, however the night I had the turkey dinner, it was served barely warm, not hot at all. We found that there was a lack of seasoning used too...seemed to have to add some sort of seasoning, i.e. pepper to my meals. I do like the new menu choices.

We had one sea day then our four ports and two more sea days.

Chair savers were out in full force very early. My husband went out at around 8 after I got back from the gym and we were able to get the last two chairs on the lido deck by the stage. We prefer not to be that close to the stage at it is usually loud but we managed :). We also like being on deck 10 for laying in the sun, but it was too windy.

We had our drink guy....Komang who was great at serving us all cruise long, it seemed no matter where we went, good personal touch and he actually took time to ask us questions about where we lived, etc and stood and talked in the hallways as he greeted us both by our first names with handshakes.

I have to say that the gym equipment has been all upgraded since my last Miracle trip in 2010 and it was great! All hybrid machines and very easy to use.

Ports were good, we chose this cruise because we hadn't been to these ports yet. More on ports later.

Before dinner, we would always go to the atrium lounge and have a drink before dinner. This is a great spot to sit and relax.

We watched most shows in the theatre, except for the 'Ticket to Ride' show, although heard it was good. The marriage game didn't disappoint ... Truly funny.

kererokee with the band was great, but it seemed that the kererokee seemed disjointed, in different lounges and stuff. The host, Chris was great!

The new comedy shows are good. We saw four different comedians.

I have to sat that I was a little disappointed in the entrainment crew. Our CD was Malcolm 'in the middle' and while he is very funny, the rest of the crew lacks a little humour. The assistant CD Brandon is a great singer...we sang a Guns N' Roses song at the deck party and he sounded awesome. I jut didn't see Malcolm around very much.

Disembarkation was simple and easy and we were able to get off the ship at just after 8:00. We were in no rush to get off as we were spending the day in Florida and flying out the next day. we always do self-assist.

Overall, I had a great time. I don't depend on others to make my vacation enjoyable, that's up to me and I truly enjoyed this cruise. I am sad to see the Miracle leave the southern Caribbean route.

One last complaint though.... I found my balcony a little dirty. There was dirt and some hair in the white catch drain. Also, I found that the anchors that are on the wall above the lido deck was getting to be a little old and dusty. The ship wasn't as clean as I remembered it being, but still a great ship, crew.

Publication Date: 03/11/12