Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by MTLMAN1: NICE Cruise

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Eastern Caribbean Cruises

NICE Cruise

Sail Date: March 2012

This was our first cruise in 17+ years, we took this cruise with our 8 & 13 yr old boys. We selected this cruise as it was a 5 day cruise, left from Miami March 5th and visited Roatan, Honduras(March 7th) and Cozumel,Mexico(March 8th) - other days were spent at sea. The boat is going into dry dock for some remodeling(MAY 2012), but as judged by us and other passengers I asked it really doesn't need too. Embarkation was easy, and getting off(early check-out) was even easier.

ROOM - We had a balcony room on floor 7 close to elevators, which made getting to our room easy.The room had a 'queen?' bed + sofa bed(for 1 person) + bunk bed - all comfortable. Had 3 luggages + 3 carry-ons and no problems storing luggages and clothes we had packed, + plenty of hangers. Bathroom was small, but sufficient - plenty of storage space once again, and plenty of shower pressure. Overall room condition was good, some caulking needed in bathroom, balcony needs some painting but again THESE ARE VERY More MINOR, I would reserve the same room next time around.

STAFF - WOW!WOW!WOW! I was a little concerned when booking and seeing that the gratuities(tips) were $12.50p.p/day (kids also pay this rate), but in the end not only did I gladly pay the gratuities but made sure room stewards, waiters, somelier, kids center staff got an extra tip for their incredible work. I could go on and on here but in short these people do their job day in & day out always with a SMILE and always making you feel welcomed and by doing their VERY best to accomodate your requests. So a VERY special thank you to Koco, Sheldon, Ali & the staff at the Fun Factory.FOOD/DRINKS
So much food, really nothing 'bad'. Quality ranged from acceptable to great - nothng Bad, nothing Excellent. There's food available pretty much anytime you want.

BREAKFAST - in room(limited choice due to room class), main restaurant, or in Oasis which is buffet style(the waffles :) are at the very back next to Ocean Cafe) *Also available in AquaSPA area

LUNCH - We had lunch at Oasis(buffet) or BBQ Grill next to pool area, but always went to sit at the back of the boat at the Ocean Cafe(beautifull view + shade)

Supper - 6pm-8h30-of frestyle in main dining room(Metropolitan)Offer kids menu that changes every night + adult menu that kids can also choose from(especially for desserts :) ) Plenty to choose from, our waiter encouraged us to try different plates saying that we could always chose something else if we did not like it, so in the end we over-ate each night..FunFunFun

Drinks - I had the Premium Drink Package, did I get my money's worth? Probably not, would I chose it again - YES. To have the peace of mind that I can order what I want when I want and not have to worry that I am going to get a crazy bill at the end makes this package worthwhile. My one complaint about the drinks - they are too strong!!

ACTIVITIES/KIDS - There's plenty for you to do or not do. The BIG bonus for my wife and I ended up being the FUN FACTORY where the kids played/stayed at. All they talked about was this place, from morning to night, that is were they wanted to go and wanted to be. Bonus- wife & I had some alone time in the afternoon & at night. The nightly shows (7-9pm) were good, some better then others(Magician, Comedian) Casino can be fun for some, not so much fun for
other$ :)

A final and VERY special thank you to the Hotel Director Mr.Touch Ung for the special invitations that my children will surely never forget.

Drop me a line if you have any secific questions, JValente_ca@Yahoo.ca Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 7172

Room 7172 - Close to elevators, plenty of storage room, two floors up from walking deck below but in a very quiet section of ship so you never see anyone belwo on deck.

Beach Break

(1)
Not at all what was advertised. Beach was full of seaweed, kids not activities non-existing - staff blamed weather conditions being too windy(but other people from cruise that went to Playa Mia had no issues)

Took a cab to West End beach(BANANARAMA), $86 round-trip. Moses our cab driver was GREAT! Details of the island, he stopped for us to take pictures and offred an isalnd tour. This stretch of beach was crowded but water is incredible and we would return here next time aroud.
Read 1649 Roatan Reviews