Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by operadovi: More fun/relaxation then I ever expected

operadovi
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

More fun/relaxation then I ever expected

Sail Date: January 2012

I met my wife 6 years ago, and since we met she has been insisting that I have to go on a cruise. She didn't seem to care that I had an irrational fear of death and cruises, that has been encouraged by the great Tony Kornheiser. I knew I had three options, I could go and die unexpectedly, I could go and have a bad time, and Karen would never make me go again, or I could go and have a blast! So instead of constant nagging for the rest of our life together, I decided to do it.

I was not disappointed and I lived to tell the tail.

There are only 3 complaints from my time on the Liberty:
1) any sort of entertainment on board ship was simply too loud. as an example they had to very good male "country" style singes that would sit on deck by the blue iguana and play just them and the guitar. these guys were very good, however, after the first afternoon in Miami we would have to leave the pool area they were so loud. It was this way for every band or d.j. etc. More

2) The cruise directors lame explanation after the list created more fear then calm, by not disseminating enough information. the ship had a list incident. I don't want to speculate as to what the actual degree of the list was, however we were eating in the lido deck cafeteria and things went flying off the racks and shelves and tables and water from the Pool did flood the deck. As a first time cruiser, it freaked me out.

3)embarkation was long and frustrating, the kiosks created issues with my parents as well.

Please note that none of the complaints had anything to do with the Cruise.

I had such a relaxing time on-board that at least once a day since we returned I have said to my wife "I wish I was on a cruise". We had a fantastic room steward, our waitstaff at our table in the Silver Olympian was tops (I have 8 years of bar/restaurant exp). The cruise Director was extremely entertaining and friendly. the food was great especially at the blue Iguana, Guy's burger bar, and silver Olympian.

After sailing my wife and I are planning to go again in Jan, and this time we won't get the bubbbles card, we both felt we were trying to drink as much soda as possible to maximize the $100.00 cost for both of us. I also wish they would let you bring one bottle of whiskey on board. We have a tradition since our honey moon of bringing a bottle of Blanton's with us, and were bummed that we were not able to do so.

(p.s. it was beyond entertaining to observe a duty free worker explain to a russian/slovic guy that he could not buy booze and take it to his room.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SET SAIL AGAIN! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

The 6 of us each had amazing drinks sea side at Margaritaville. then went back on board to have a fantastic and relaxing afternoon on a nearly empty ship. So the pool area was finally quiet, and listening to a Kenny Chesney concert and an acceptable volume was beyond relaxing in the sun.

Love San Juan, My wife and I go to San Juan every year, and it was great to take our parents (hers and mine) to all of our favorite places, I wish we stayed bit longer in this port but oh well.
Read 1378 San Juan Reviews

Snorkeling

(5)
Trunk Bay Snorkel was awesome, great people!