Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Leibe_

Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Leibe_
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: A1
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Overall a wonderful cruise
Embarkation;

Decided to go early and beat the crowds. Big mistake. Seems everyone had the same idea and it was a madhouse. Felt a little sorry for my driver. Once we got to the drop-off area everything smoothed out and was handled very efficiently.

Lunch;

Last cruise was same ship, in the Med in October. Almost nobody in Bistro on 5. Very crowded this time. Lots of folks seem to be reading CC. Lunch was very good, as usual

Cabins;

In the cabin before 1:30. Very clean and still new looking. Had the same cabin in October.

Overall;

Ship still in fantastic condition!!! Public areas more crowded than last cruise but that abated after the first couple of days. Coffee in the Hideaway still pretty good.

Al Bacio;

Service and coffee very uneven. One woman (Jerina) very rude, almost to point of being hateful. Only saw her there twice so maybe she was just angry about having to work in a different place??? I love IGLU's. First one that I got was very good. 2nd was like warm chocolate milk with a little coffee in it. 3rd one cold chocolate milk with coffee. I gave up and switched to Cappuccino.

Blu;

Still fantastic. I think the food was even better this trip. More crowded this time around so service a little slower. Even the MD was bussing tables and taking orders at times. Still see the teamwork. Love it, love it!!!!!

iLounge;

Very good service this trip. Very efficient and very helpful.

Photo shop;

Another wave. I wanted to buy some of the photos this trip. The ones on my TV were from the previous occupants so I went in search of mine. Never was able to get them. One guy offered to sell them to me and then he would make sure they got to my cabin???? I ask him if he thought I was going to buy them sight unseen and he just shrugged his shoulders and told me that was the way they did business. I didn't buy any photos. Didn't buy the camera that I was looking at either.

Brunch in MDR;

OMG, are you kidding me? There should be a law against putting that much food in front of a person, especially when it is so good.

Entertainment;

Overall improved. The orchestra was very good. The drummer was incredible. Rory Bolton is sorely missed however. They should have kept him on. Lots of energy on the stage, those kids really were trying hard to put on a good show. The comedian and the ventriloquist were OK, not my thing so they may have been quite good to someone who appreciates that sort of entertainment.

Tours;

I only booked one, a Sail and Shop. The guide told us we would get sea sick if we went on the sail part however a few of us wanted to go anyway. He then refused to take us but let us cancel the tour since it was the sailing part that we had purchased that particular tour for. Promised we would get our money refunded. I went down to the tour desk after supper and the gentleman told me no problem, gave me a form to fill out. Filled out the form then returned to the desk the next day where I encountered a "well, we'll just have to send this to Miami and see what they say" clerk. I told her that I had been told that I would get a refund and she disagreed and repeated that it would have to go to Miami. There was another clerk at the desk who was not busy. I told her that it was OK, that I would be in Miami next month and could stop by the office and talk to them myself. I also stated that I would talk about this in my review on Cruise Critic. I saw a man's head jerk toward me as I sauntered off planning what to say when I got to the office in Miami. I got back to my cabin about 15 minutes later and there was voice mail telling me that I had been refunded the full amount. I'm still smiling. Apparently they didn't want that discussed in depth on CC or they didn't want me in their Miami office with a complaint. And, yes, I would have gone to the office in Miami next month, I was not making an empty threat. I don't do that.

The passengers;

Overall very nice group. A few scooters, mostly very considerate. One woman who used it as a battering ram to get on a full elevator. I met very few of the "nasty people" that I've heard so much about. Most folks were considerate and polite. Most of the children that I saw were well behaved or taken to task if they weren't. (There may still be an adorable little blond headed girl standing in the corner in the buffet for misbehaving). Right after muster, the elevators were pretty crowded. The one that I was on was full but a mother shoved her three small, quite ill children on. They were feverish, coughing constantly (no covering of mouths). Unfortunately I caught their virus and missed a couple of ports. Didn't get real sick but enough to not want to go ashore, just flake out in the cabin. Toward the end of the trip, I saw several folks with colds. Sure wish they would monitor sick children and either quarantine them or prevent them from boarding. Nobody goes on vacation to catch an illness from a sick child.

Qsine;

Our CC group met for dinner there and had a fantastic time. The waitstaff were wonderful. What a great group of people and so much fun was had by all. I believe the waitstaff even enjoyed us. I think this is best done with a group and the more the merrier. If you go take some friends and your appetite, be prepared to have a lot of laughs and a lot of pretty good food.

Disembarkation;

Not great. Waited around for about 30 minutes or so then crowded off, found the luggage without a problem but then had to fight the other 98 people who were also trying to catch their rides. It all worked out but it was very crowded.

Pool;

Not a pool person since I read that children in diapers are not banned. Looked to be pretty crowded which is to be expected on sea days.

Overall experience;

Wonderful cruise with Celebrity. Have a B2B to the Caribbean next month on the Milly and another TA on Silly in December. Can hardly wait to get back on her. Celebrity has got it together and, in spite of an occasional wave, I am one happy cruiser.

Publication Date: 03/11/12