Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by DvsDave: Brrrr... Cold fun cruise

Brrrr... Cold fun cruise

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We are from the East coast and have only sailed the Caribbean. We thought we would try something different and do a Pacific cruise.

You would think that Southern California and Mexico in the middle of March would be warm, but you would be WRONG!! If you see that temperatures are going to have highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's, expect a wind chill effect with the movement of the ship. Carnival Inspiration does not have heat in their rooms. Let me repeat that for emphasis CARNIVAL INSPIRATION DOES NOT HAVE HEAT IN THEIR ROOMS!!! We had to wear sweat shirts it our room and use 2 comforters just to stay warm. We were only freezing in our rooms (and of course outside), the public rooms were fine.

That's my only complaint, the rest of the cruise we had a fantastic time.

Embarkation was the easiest, 10 minutes from drop off until we were on the ship.

The Carnival staff were fantastic, the food was good and the entertainment was some of the best I More have seen with Carnival.
If you like trivia, there are several trivia contests a day.. music, movie and general knowledge (there are 5 sides to a banana).
There are games shows like "Game Show Mania", "60 seconds to win" and "The Marriage Game". They were all a lot of fun. In "Game Show Mania" the host asked for the people that acted the craziest he would pick, the man next to us took off his artificial arm and waved it in the air..... and he wasn't picked!! In "The Marriage game" they had 2 couples that were married 60 and 70 years!! It was hysterical, especially since the one husband was 93 and he had to have his daughter repeat the risque questions in his ear.

We rented a golf cart in Avalon, it was $80 for 3 hours and we were able to drive everywhere. (We could tell the stores made a fortune selling sweatshirts, because there were a lot of AVALON sweatshirts being worn the rest of the cruise.)

In Ensenada we went shopping, the retail people were pushy but very friendly. You will get sick of them telling you "I have things that cost next to nothing". We began finishing the retailers sentences. I was wearing a Baltimore Ravens cap and people came up with their Ravens merchandise, I took off the hat to stop that from happening.
I have seen this posted in other reviews but there are cute small children that come up to you and tug at your pants begging or selling Chicklets. This really bothered me because you want to give them money, but if you do you are going to have them continue this behavior.

Debarkation was simple too, we were called at 9am and were in the parking area by 9:30am.

Things I would recommend.
Watch the weather and bring warmer clothing.
The odd number rooms are dockside in Long Beach and Ensenada and even number are facing Avalon. Avalon is a tender port and the views are spectacular.
Though we had a wonderful time, I think this cruise is better suited for people living on the West coast, we had to do a lot of traveling to reach Long Beach and it probably would have been better to do another Caribbean cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>