Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Lvg2132

Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: Lvg2132
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: S2
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Celebrity Cruiser For Life !!!
Overall Exp.

My husband and I choose Celebrity for our belated honeymoon and we have no regrets. Their name "Celebrity" goes perfect because it's what you feel like onboard. We had a fantastic time with only a few minor complaints that in no way will stop me from sailing with them again.

Staff:

We stayed in a Sky Suite so we had a private bulter on top of the normal room attendants. Our butler Alex was amazing. Having him was one of the reasons our sail with Celebrity was so great. Not only did he spoil the cr*p out of us but he himself wsas such a pleasure to meet. He is such a great person.. very polite, sociable and just so so nice (and not nice in a fake way either) so much to the point where I kind of felt bad having him do so much for us. Our stateroom attendant was equally as amazing, his name was Rolen. We hope to see them on our next sail with Celebrity. As far as the rest of the crew on the Eclipse everyone was very helpful and polite. Not once did we have any negative exp. with any of the crew. My once thing is that I sure hope Celebrity treats them well because they sure do work hard. I found out our butler (not through him personally) works each and everyday while onboard from 6:30 am till 9:30 pm. Wow! What a schedule... I just hope they don't work them to death, even though Celebrity does seem like a company that does take care of their own.

Stateroom: Like I mentioned before, we had a Sky Suite on the Resort deck (Deck 12) it was a great room with a great balcony but...... it wasn't as I saw on their website. Apparently some of the Sky Suites are designed differently so they are a bit smaller then normal but still come with all the Sky suite ammenities. In that sense I was a little dissapointed but I can't complain the room we got was still very nice, much nicer then I've had on any other cruiseline. Also the Resort Deck is nice but I would have preferred deck 10 or 11. Some staterooms on deck 12 (Resort Deck) are under Oceanview Cafe and so you get some noise from above and it can be a bit of a sleep spolier. So I recommend deck 10 or 11, so book early if possible.

Food Onboard:

Whoever said Celebrity is most known for their high quality food wasn't kidding!!! I have NEVER had so good food on a cruise as I did with Celebrity... even their buffets exceptional food. Be prepared to gain a few pounds because there isn't one area of this ship that doesn't have some kind of free food. Wow! It's salads for me for a few weeks now! I did find (and keep in mind this is my personal opinion) that the food in the Moonlight Sonata (main dining room) was the best. We tried Blu twice and struck out both times on the Entree (but many people seem to like Blu) again I'm just giving my opinion. We also tried the Tuscan (Italian Steakhouse) and it was amazing. We loved everything up until my husbands Entree. He has something, I can't remember the exact name but is was a seafood pasta Risotto (I think that's it) and it was seafood and sauce over rice.... it tasted like Seafood Mac'n'cheese....lol if you like mac 'n'cheese then you'll probably love it... I reccommend the steaks, wow! is all I can say. Despite my husbands entree we both loved it there. Just because we didn't like it doesn't mean others don't. We had lunch at Oceanview Cafe a few times, its buffet style dinning but don't count it out, it's pretty nice.

Onboard Activities:

We went to most shows in the theatre, played bingo, attended all trivia activities and hit the casino a bit, we loved it all. To be honest the shipped is more catered to adults and not children to much... We didn't see many kids onboard but after cruising on the Eclipse it made sense why. Its more of a older crowd. Mid 30's and 40's and up made up most of the people on board which made the trip very relaxing. I myself have 2 kids and I don't think I will cruise Celebrity while with them. Not that kids make a cruise less relaxing its just I don't think they would have much fun and I would feel bad.

Ship:

Beautiful, elegant and spotless. Loved the indoor pool, its was very relaxing. Eclipse is fantastic.

Ports of Call:

If our next cruise docks at St.Thomas I won't be getting off the ship, saying we didn't like it is a understatement. I don't want to say more because I don't want to offend anyone. St. Marteen is one of my favorite islands. The people polite, the beaches are clean, its easy to get around and it beautiful. The boardwalk beach at Phillipsburg is awesome. San Juan is gorgeous, very historic looking, a lot of nice shopping and just plain beautiful.

Shore activities:

We didn't book them through Celebrity which was fine because we saved a lot of money and still got to do everything we wanted to do. In my opinion its better to book your shore activities once you arrive because their are lots of local companies that offer all the same stuff but much much more affordable.

Publication Date: 03/11/12